Spen and feel

retrofred

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
So I'm not really impressed with the new spen that came with S22U and the fact they don't provide extra nibs for the pen in the box a disappointment. I don't care for the soft tip that's on the pen and prefer the stiffer ones that are usually included.

So my question is, what are other options of the spen and did your come with extra nibs? Thanks

SpaceyO

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I still had my Note 10+ and my partner never switched hers on her Note 10+ so I switched mine out and saved her extra plastic tip in case the next one doesn't include them either.

There's a lot of third-party replacements on Amazon though... just search "Spen tips"

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
So I'm not really impressed with the new spen that came with S22U and the fact they don't provide extra nibs for the pen in the box a disappointment. I don't care for the soft tip that's on the pen and prefer the stiffer ones that are usually included.

So my question is, what are other options of the spen and did your come with extra nibs? Thanks
Order a replacement S Pen on Amazon. They are also on eBay and directly on Samsung.com. Maybe they'll have the tips. And then you'll have an extra pen in case you lose it as well.

(I already ordered a backup Green one on Amazon before I ever got the phone. I always keep an extra in case it's misplaced or lost somewhere.)

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Samsung also didn't include extra nibs with my Note 20 Ultra. As I remember, Samsung said that the new material was more durable & should not need to be replaced.

Some Note 20 users were surprised when they received free nib replacements with their USB-C Headphones order.

At the time, I ordered extra nibs from ebay & an extra Spen from Amazon.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
(I already ordered a backup Green one on Amazon before I ever got the phone. I always keep an extra in case it's misplaced or lost somewhere.)

Just FYI, there's a setting that will alert you if you leave the S-Pen behind. The setting alerts you if it isn't in the well when you put the screen to sleep or if you give it Physical activity permission it will allow you to put the screen to sleep and only notify you when you've walked a few feet away. Same setting.

retrofred

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Thankfully I keep an extra spen in my bag and one in my desk at work. The S21U spen works really good with S22U. Just found it odd not to have them in the box. My Note 20 ultra came with extra tips.

SpaceyO

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Oh great to see it.. I was going by the video of the breakdown and it looked like it wasn't replaceable from when he tore open the pen.. thanks for sharing

I've seen others on reddit using that video to say they aren't replaceable too...does he specifically say so?

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I've seen others on reddit using that video to say they aren't replaceable too...does he specifically say so?
He didn't say it but from the video how he went about breaking into it seemed that way ..I guess it fooled plenty of us lol

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong because the tool from my N10+ just slides over the pen tip, not grabbing it.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Ordered a replacement S pen (black) and can confirm it comes with the tweezers and replacement tips.
120aec2dd6430175ccf4aedeafd4c27d.jpg