Spotify won't save on sd card, and i can't move the app there

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am trying to keep the downloaded from Spotify songs on the SD card. But for some reason, even though after a re instant, I see the choice about the place to storage them, after a while it disappears and my phone fills up.
I've read that a solid solution is to move the app to the SD card. But I can't do this, I've read that this feature is propably removed.
Any ideas to solve the Spotify issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The ability to move apps to SD card was for older phones -- it's not possible on most current phones.

The ability of Spotify to download songs to the SD card may depend on the phone or the app itself. Is there an option in the Spotify app's menu to change the download location to SD card? If not, and if you also don't see an option in the phone's system settings, then it's not possible.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I used to save Spotify playlists in an SD card on an older device running Oreo. It worked fine for a while an after some time those playlists disappeared from the card and had to move them again. I think this happened after I used a file explorer to see any other file saved in the card.

After a while I got tired and stopped saving playlists on the card.

I think Spotify doesn't play well with SD cards.