Sprint Galaxy Nexus: Help! Bluetooth won't turn on

eweezzyyyy

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm running a stock GNex and when I try to turn on my bluetooth it just stays on the screen saying bluetooth turning on. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited by a moderator:

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Re: Help! Bluetooth won't turn on

This apparently is a known issue (my phone is affected as well). Something happens when Airplane mode is turned on and off. Despite Airplane mode being off, Bluetooth functionality is borked and doesn't right itself until you reboot. Once you reboot, BT functionality works until you toggle airplane mode again.

Issue 24522 - android - Galaxy Nexus Bluetooth and BT-button become somtimes unresponsive, BT button blackend out (dark gray), needs restart to fix, - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

garymdietz

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site

Maybe I am crazy, but multiple reboots on a stock GN 4.1.1 did *not* fix the problem for me. I needed to take the battery out for over a minute and then restart. It seems to be back working now.

And for me, it was not just the BT that failed with the settings widget grayed out and in the "always trying to turn on mode" but also WiFi.

ratul16

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Maybe I am crazy, but multiple reboots on a stock GN 4.1.1 did *not* fix the problem for me. I needed to take the battery out for over a minute and then restart. It seems to be back working now.

And for me, it was not just the BT that failed with the settings widget grayed out and in the "always trying to turn on mode" but also WiFi.

Hi, im having the same issues. restarting does not solve the issue for me. Can some provide steps? Do i just take out the battery and or turn the phone off first before taking the battery out.

Any help would be appreciated!!

garymdietz

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site

For me, all I did was this:

1. Turn off phone.

2. Remove battery.

3. Get a coffee. Finish coffee.

4. Re-insert battery and cover.

5. Turn on phone.

6. Turn on BT and WIFI.

7. Wash my coffee cup.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

For me, all I did was this:

1. Turn off phone.

2. Remove battery.

3. Get a coffee. Finish coffee.

4. Re-insert battery and cover.

5. Turn on phone.

6. Turn on BT and WIFI.

7. Wash my coffee cup.

Oh! ... That's my problem. I didn't wash my coffee cup. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

misslocs

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

I've been having the problem with my bluetooth not turning on no matter what I do. I've even downloaded the bluetooth enhancer from the Play Store. I really need some assistance! & this didn't happen till after the Samsung update recently! I have a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Last edited:

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

I've been having the problem with my bluetooth not turning on no matter what I do. I've even downloaded the bluetooth enhancer from the Play Store. I really need some assistance! & this didn't happen till after the Samsung update recently! I have a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Hi misslocs, And welcome to AC.

You're having problems on your Galaxy S 3? This is the Galaxy Nexus forum. Problems like these are usually specific to the phone model, so you really need to ask your questions in the Galaxy S 3 forum.

Good luck with your bluetooth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko