Sprint: Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

Fobbers

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I am not eligible to upgrade until October. Do you think they will let me upgrade early without having to pay off the lease?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not eligible to upgrade until October. Do you think they will let me upgrade early without having to pay off the lease?

No -- they won't give you a free phone. You would probably have to turn it back in since it is only on a lease but after that you could upgrade I am sure.

Fobbers

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
No -- they won't give you a free phone. You would probably have to turn it back in since it is only on a lease but after that you could upgrade I am sure.
I'm sorry I didn't word it right. I want to return my phone and upgrade to the note 8. But I am not eligible until October. I was wondering if they can make an exception because I don't want this s7 edge anymore. Lol they can have it back. Haha

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry I didn't word it right. I want to return my phone and upgrade to the note 8. But I am not eligible until October. I was wondering if they can make an exception because I don't want this s7 edge anymore. Lol they can have it back. Haha

Oh with that .. Definitely a possibility since it is just a lease. I would give them a call and ask :).

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I went with the Orchid Gray. Just to be different than.the typical black.

That's my plan as well. I saw it today and I love it. I've had black phones forever. And I still may fall back to black. Yah, I'm undecided! I like them both and wanted to do something different. I guess I'll make my final decision Sept 15.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I am in the Galaxy forever program. I am trading in my S8+ for the Note 8 which I got on release day. It hasn't even been 6 months. I had to pay about $280 to upgrade early. Basically you half to have paid half of the phone price in order to upgrade, i.e. 12 of your 24 month payments. When you go on their website, log onto your account, then go to the shop section, check you want to upgrade current device, it will automatically tell you there if you have a balance on your lease to pay off before an upgrade or if you are eligible now.

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Sprint store pricing?

Since I'm a Sprint customer and Best Buy can pound sand, does anyone have pricing from a certified Sprint Store? Not a third party crap store.

Thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sprint store pricing?

Since I'm a Sprint customer and Best Buy can pound sand, does anyone have pricing from a certified Sprint Store? Not a third party crap store.

Thanks.

Check sprint.com -- Should be the same price on the site as it would be in store.

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Sprint informed me that they were only doing the 18 mo LEASE. Actually, that's all that was available on their site as well. After the 18 month period you still will owe over $400. You can then buy your phone by paying the balance in full, or make 6 monthly payments of about $70 each. That's why I just bought mine through Best buy. They'll do the 24 monthly payments, without interest, and the phone ends up costing about $160 less than if purchased through Sprint.

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
They will make a blue that won't be available in the US...at least initially. It will be a deeper blue than the N7.

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Sprints play on the Note 8

I think they are being fair, honest, and upfront with their consumers. I personally would like to see this in email format..like, sent out this morning to all customers.

I'm not sure what you are finding wrong with it? Sprints lease program says you return the phone to sprint. Sprint is saying you cant do that if you are using the same phone for the note promotion with Sammy.. so you would be breaking your contract and owing Sprint fees..