Sprint HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition / OS Deleted / Stuck on Fastboot Loader

Nathalie Ramirez

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I ran into a situation trying to unblock/root my brand new HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition.

This is the problem:

I was able to follow all directions to be able to unlock the bootloader, however, I was never able to root the the device. I tried the TWRP method with no luck. I also tried the CWM method and nothing. I kept getting the message, "device shows not being rooted". I was able to install the SuperSu.zip, however, I never gained root access. In the process I accidentally erased the OS from the device and now I'm stuck between recovery and fasboot mode. I have attempted to disable the S-On several times with no luck. I tried the firewater steps but since I cannot load an operating system, I'm unable to finish the process. I am also unable to complete the command "fasboot writecid 11111111" successfully. In other words, allI I want to do is be able to install the factory ROM so I can use my phone and forget about this whole rooting mess!

Please help!!! I believe I have tried it all but maybe I'm missing a step somewhere.

Mr. Ramirez . :'(

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Download my stock rooted rom found HERE
copy it to your ext. sdcard enter recovery and install it
Also no need to to change your CID. The command for that is "fastboot oem writecid 11111111 "

Nathalie Ramirez

May 15, 2014
Visit site
benny3,

I am unable to run the command "fastboot oem writecid 11111111 ", I always get some kind of error. Why is that? Remember, I'm not rooted, just unlocked, and at an S-ON state. Thank you for your response, I'm downloading the ROMs but I have a feeling I won't be able to install them if I cannot get the writecid command to successfully change my cell ID. Any advice? Again, thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my post.

To be precise, this is the output I get when I try to run the writecid command:

(bootloader) SecuritySDInit: counter = 2
(bootloader) m8whl_init_sd, SD card already power on
(bootloader) [SPEW] GPIO 0 status is 0
(bootloader) sdhw_7xxx_open: id=0
(bootloader) clock_update_cfg_sd is done
(bootloader) sd clock set done
(bootloader) sdcc_init_memory_device done
(bootloader) SD clock freq = 19MHz....
(bootloader) GPLL0 is enabled
(bootloader) [Tuxera][Error] No exFAT partition found
(bootloader) [FAT_ERROR] fat_open_file: can not find SMART_IO.CRD
(bootloader) [JAVACARD_ERR] SMART_IO.CRD cann't find
OKAY [ 0.078s]
finished. total time: 0.078s

Respectfully, Mr. Ramirez

Last edited:

HellToFire

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Erik Manzanares

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
so i have an htc one m8 HK edtion im rooted i wanna flash stock recovery to get the ota update but the video to do it i follow it it tells you to ind you cid (mine is SPCS_004 ) and then downlode the stock recovery matching your cid and i cant find one for mine .. any help ?

klusk91

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi Benny3 im stuck between a rock and a hard place with this one. Twrp and su are working and s-off isnt . The phone takes around 5-10 min to start up and the wifi wont turn on. The ruu refuses to work for me, it always gets an unknown error and stops working after step 1/7. I have the 3.30.654.2 update running that i got from your link. I cant seem to successfully flash any other roms. If you can help me like you have in the past i will be eternally grateful.

klusk91

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
After alot of poking around I noticed the hboot was still 3.16 so i tried a 1.54 rom and everything is good again! now to s-off!

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
After alot of poking around I noticed the hboot was still 3.16 so i tried a 1.54 rom and everything is good again! now to s-off!

If you really want an effective method to S-OFF, use Sunshine. It costs $25 but it works and it works well. Had to use it myself after exhausting the alternatives available at the time. Maybe there's new methods that work, but Sunshine worked well and it was easy.

klusk91

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I tried both firewater wouldnt work and sunshine said i needed a stock or closer to stock rom. Ive gone through hell and back trying to do this. As of right now ive reinstalled the stock recovery and and relocked the boot loader so i can run the latest ruu. hopefully that lets me use sunshine.

harpreet singh32

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
i am facing the same problem .. my phone reboots in 5-10 mins .. wifi could not be turned on. my bootloader version 3.16 and main version 1.54.654.15 cid num is SPCS_004.. having s-on .. from where I can download 1.54 rom please guide me .. thanks

I have htc one m8 Harman kardon edition (sprint) .
baseband version 1.08.20.0610
build number 3.30.651.2 CL 393205 RELEASE-KEYS
Cid Num- SPCS_004
bootloader version 3.16.0.0000
main version 1.54.654.15

I am facing two main problems
one my phone wifi could not be turn on.
second phone needs 5-10 mins to boot ..

please guide me ... so that wifi could be turned on..
and one important thing is I flashed insertcoin rom 5.0.6 art

after flashing it .. I got my phone unlocked but wifi stopped ..

please do needful.. hope sustains life and M8

Last edited:

Dwight Dempsey

Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
Hey I need help bad i deleted my entire os off my htc one m8 by accident I have another phone but I don't have a computer I have TWRP recovery and I had viperone firmware installed I'm on sprint can someone please help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod