Sprint.....Killem' with Kindness

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has offered to swap out my ET4G that has been crippled by the ICS update with a brand new Galaxy Nexus 4G lte device at no charge, and no contract extension!

SWEET DEAL...

I'll be rocking jellybean by the end of the week!:eek:

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Hate to sound like a sad sport, but unfortunately there are no plans to update galaxy nexus to the jelly bean os. That's what got me thinking about switching to at&t. Android seems to get more support on gsm networks.

Sent from my Nexus 7

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Did you ota or manual? I need this deal lol. Ics is perfect on my e4gt but I can still take it in a cry and whine if I can get a nexus out of it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
This is why I didn't question Mobil Toys when they said a new phone for me was on a 1 week backorder. I asked if I was going to be getting a refurb or a new phone, and he says, well there's really not a lot of them out there yet, so it will be new. Hence the 1 week backorder. I think (hope) they are going to give me a Galaxy SIII. I'd be happy with that.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hate to sound like a sad sport, but unfortunately there are no plans to update galaxy nexus to the jelly bean os. That's what got me thinking about switching to at&t. Android seems to get more support on gsm networks.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Actually, they're doing one more ICS update before JB

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!

hevenz1

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has offered to swap out my ET4G that has been crippled by the ICS update with a brand new Galaxy Nexus 4G lte device at no charge, and no contract extension!

SWEET DEAL...

What all did you tell them? how many times did you need to call?

hevenz1

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I just called and was ing about battery life amongst os instability.. the sprint rep said he'd check his known issues for the ics upgrade and said there was no issues regarding ics and poor battery life.. in essence he told me i was SOL..... dodnt sprint reps all have the same info?

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I just called and was ing about battery life amongst os instability.. the sprint rep said he'd check his known issues for the ics upgrade and said there was no issues regarding ics and poor battery life.. in essence he told me i was SOL..... dodnt sprint reps all have the same info?

LOL....these people at Sprint are really something. I had one Rep in a corporate store tell me she has never heard of any issues with the ICS update on the S2 and I had another rep\tech on the phone tell me the same. That I am the 1st one to report any issues regarding G4 and battery life issues after ICS update.

Go figure...

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
What all did you tell them? how many times did you need to call?

the last time i spoke to them was about 5 months ago about issues with the phone and sprint service. the ICS update just made everything worse.

the key is to take notes, keep track of everyone you talk to, and try to deal with the same person everytime.

this was not just a unjustified complaint as it goes back 5 or so months.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
the last time i spoke to them was about 5 months ago about issues with the phone and sprint service. the ICS update just made everything worse.

the key is to take notes, keep track of everyone you talk to, and try to deal with the same person everytime.

this was not just a unjustified complaint as it goes back 5 or so months.

Can you request to speak with a prior CSR? Or do you just give the history to the current rep?