Sprint - T-Mobile Sim Card Text

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Someone should send that memo to Best Buy.
I found this,

So Am I on Sprint or T-Mobile?

You're on T-Mobile—the Sprint brand has officially been discontinued as of August 3—but you will still use your original carrier's network for now. Sprint subscribers that are in an area where Sprint doesn't have LTE coverage will automatically connect to T-Mobile's LTE network (the vice versa is not true if you're on T-Mobile). Eventually, the two networks will merge and everyone on T-Mobile and those that came from Sprint will see greater coverage.

Are Sprint Phones Compatible on T-Mobile?

Sprint uses a CDMA network, whereas T-Mobile uses GSM. Historically, that meant Sprint phones don’t play well on other wireless carriers, like AT&T and T-Mobile (with several exceptions). That’s still true for the time being—buying a phone from Sprint doesn’t mean it will be able to work on T-Mobile’s network. You might just see extended roaming capabilities if Sprint's coverage is poor in a specific area.

T-Mobile says it’s working on a unified GSM device portfolio in the future so that any new phone will work on the new T-Mobile's full network. Our recommendation is to buy an unlocked phone, which supports GSM and usually includes support for Sprint's network.

It sounds like you would be loosing some coverage by taking the T-Mo SIM. In another article they're talking about 6 years to completely switch over. The article quoted above has several links and Google took me to a whole FAQ page about the merger and its effects on customers on each side. If you want to see more from the article quoted here is the link... https://www.wired.com/story/t-mobile-sprint-merger-guide/

Bildriver

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
wow ,remember when sprint was not so good. well I live in northern mi. and I made the switch. I've been w/sprint since they acquired nextel. long time.but I've had no issues.t mobile actually worked better in the upper peninsula of mi.and when turning off my wifi I get a better 5g signal at home .to each their own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte17