Sprint version no LG Gallery or music app?

BB_Bmore

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if LG had done this as part of the obvious slimming down of the skin or did something go wrong when I used LG backup and restore to transfer data from the G5 to the V20. Basically I have no stock LG music or gallery app. It uses Google photos and Google music which seems strange seeing how I can see both gallery and music apps in the tutorial photos within the software. Please advise and thank you.

Edit* also missing is the LG messaging app. Google messenger is preloaded.

Last edited:

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Your one of the only ones with a sprint phone right now so it might me a couple days to hear from someone. When I get mine Monday I'll see if it's the same.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I went to the store yesterday, they had them in stock but couldn't sell any. I plead my case about having the note 7 and safety concerns, I'm not really too concerned but I had to try. Anyways the guy called his manager and he said no, but i can come back Monday and get it. I guess we'll see, but I'm not leaving the store without my v20 tomorrow. I finally be done with this note 7 fiasco.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Sprint actual release date is all screwy... previous notes preorder 21 release 28....order 24....order 21 sprint preorder 2x on best buy.... -_-"

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if LG had done this as part of the obvious slimming down of the skin or did something go wrong when I used LG backup and restore to transfer data from the G5 to the V20. Basically I have no stock LG music or gallery app. It uses Google photos and Google music which seems strange seeing how I can see both gallery and music apps in the tutorial photos within the software. Please advise and thank you.

Edit* also missing is the LG messaging app. Google messenger is preloaded.

That's bizarre, different carriers, but I looked at the AT&T demo model and ALL of the apps you mentioned were there

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
That's bizarre, different carriers, but I looked at the AT&T demo model and ALL of the apps you mentioned were there

I walked into a Sprint Corporate store today and walked out with one. The stock gallery and music apps appear to be there.

BB_Bmore

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I walked into a Sprint Corporate store today and walked out with one. The stock gallery and music apps appear to be there.
I walked back into the store I bought mine from and looked at another unit. Same thing apps missing. I also spoke online with some other sprint owners who confirmed the apps are missing on their phones too.

BB_Bmore

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Most would be happy by the absence of these apps!
Unless they are lg users who understand how much better they work with lg devices seeing how they are built specifically for the devices. My main gripe is the gallery. It has great options that tie in with the camera.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The Google apps are just too plain. I like being able to change the background and theme in my messaging app. The gallery app is more complicated than it needs to be. Most manufacturer specific gallery apps are simple and more organized.

When I open my gallery all I want to see is my pictures and the ability to open up different folders. I can probably get used to the gallery though, but the messaging apps kind of sucks.

Mexico619

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I work at Sprint, and we got our demo yesterday along with 2 to sell on the 28th, but I don't remember seeing those apps installed. I'll double check when I play with it today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332