Sprint's Samsung Epic 4g Official Froyo EB13

How did your update to EB13 go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I would like to update but I am stuck on DG17. How to I get to DI18?

See post #1.

I need survey option "failed update to E13".

Auto & manual install of 2.2 fails for lack of some Sprint bloatwares. Factory reset does not install missing bloatwares. I use only Linux, never Windiz, not even in VirtualBox. So where can I find a Linux alternative to Odin? Or where is a way to install 2.2 using only D700 or with Linux?

I am willing to learn but every Linux install post only tells how to use Windiz software.

You got it, poll edited.

Odin alternative for Linux.

Did this also fix the camera not working?

I've heard reports that sports mode in the camera still force closes.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Is the slow USB transfer speeds a main issue as well on all EB13 phones or is it phone specific?? Any fix for this?

My sports option in my camera is also causing it to for close. Not a big deal but would like to see that fixed.

captainsplat

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Will you still receive the OTA update if you updated manually

I just wanted to know if anyone out there has received the OTA update even if you already updated manually from sprints website.

greenmuggy

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
bluetooth problem

ok.....i have eb13 rooted with ext4/oneclick/cwm3 & duelfs kernel, my bluetooth worked just fine with eb13 b4 root & now i cant pair with anything anybody else have this problem???

&&& can someone please tell me how to figure out if i put the ext4/oneclick on right, i didnt get any errors i just wanna know how to confirm that ext4 is on the right way

Last edited:

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I just want to know mainly if the OTA update is less buggy than the manual update. I had a few issues and it took a couple tries to finally get the manual update to work.

Its the same thing really the update.zip came from samsung for mac users and the manual method that you used is what the mac users have to do unless they get it OTA I feel the update.zip is a better way of doing it because over the mobile net work i have seen updates be corrupted and caused you to have a brick

captainsplat

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Well now they need to send another update to fix the sluggish browser and camera. Two of my co-workers have the epic including me and we all have the same problems even after doing a factory reset and clearing cache. On 2.1 when you used to zoom in on text it would format it so you can see it on the whole screen up close...... it no longer does that I have to scroll side to side to read everything and when you zoom it gets all choppy with squares. Camera is so sluggish now like it can't adjust to any lighting

Butters3605

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
On 2.1 when you used to zoom in on text it would format it so you can see it on the whole screen up close...... it no longer does that I have to scroll side to side to read everything

In the stock browser-> hit the menu key->tap more-> tap settings->enable auto-fit pages

does this fix it?

I found it worked for me.

Last edited:

Redphinz

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
ok.....i have eb13 rooted with ext4/oneclick/cwm3 & duelfs kernel, my bluetooth worked just fine with eb13 b4 root & now i cant pair with anything anybody else have this problem???

&&& can someone please tell me how to figure out if i put the ext4/oneclick on right, i didnt get any errors i just wanna know how to confirm that ext4 is on the right way
I have the same setup and am wondering the same thing. How do you tell what file system you have?

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
using my laptop (windows), went for a stock update here:

Samsung

...froyo is up (factory) + am loading re-installs of selected applications, am not going to go w/ full 'recovery' from my back-up on the external card unless i absolutely have to; am plannning to remain minimal w this aspect --fewer apps for the moment-- as i review the range of functionality for each app.

so far all appears well here. we shall see....

billbryan516

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
This is strange to me. I've had nothing but problems with the update. I installed Froyo and changed the filesystem and now I can't connect to a bluetooth device, I don't see buddy icons in my call history or in messaging (only in contacts), my video camera totally sucks now (it stutters badly when it used to be pretty dang smooth) I can't figure out how to turn off Geo-tagging in my camera settings, GPS loves to click on by itself and drain my battery, oh..and my battery doesn't make it half-a-day whereas before, I could go all day without a charge. Many of the new features discussed in the forum didn't appear. The "pinch to zoom" in the homescreen?? That didn't work. The "end call" on the power button option?? That's just dumb!! I enabled that and when I want to look at my phone for any reason during a call, I have to slide the screen open, draw my cute little pattern, and THEN look. If you touch that button or accidentally press it for even a second, it hangs up on your call!! Who thought of this?!
I want Elcair back. >:-(

Butters3605

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Official Build is still available, and still listed on Sprint's website and available to DL from Samsung. I am starting to think this "update pulled" is BS!!

here is some further info from sprint on resolving SD card issues and Calendar sync problems.

Sprint Community: 2/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release...
http://community.sprint.com/baw/com.../2010/11/08/samsung-epic-maintenance-releases

Sprint said:
UPDATE 1: SD Card Index
If you are experiencing issues with the Camera, Media Player, Gallery, or SD card, refresh your SD Card Index following the steps below and power cycle your device to ensure the refresh takes effect:
Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Select All->Scroll down to Media Storage->Select Clear Data.

Update 2: Calendar sync
(solution from Dennis Staub...thanks!)
MENU>SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS
Select "All" in the grouping at the top and then select "Calendar" then under "Storage" select "Clear data".
Then go back to the App list and select "Calendar Storage" and do the same. Then open your Calendar then
MENU>SETTINGS>CALENDAR SYNC>Manage Accounts(Select your account) then un-check it, then re-check it then go back to the calendar and check to see if the appointments have sync'd for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796