Stable customizable ROM for Sensation

jonesdavide

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Are you using SetCPU or anything to overclock on LeeDroid? From what i can tell he said there were issues with SetCPU but not with the latest update. And I have heard others say that SetCPU is questionable in terms of battery life.

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
SetCPU is working now for 3.0. I haven't used it yet though as I'm first trying to test the phone as is. Will let you know soon as that is the next thing I will be testing.

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: Kernel 3.1 is released and it fixed the majority of the wonkiness and also allows for OC up to 1.7ghz STABLE. I used CPU Master to accomplish this. The mod and kernel are both beautiful really bringing out the power that the Sensation has inside of it. Now once we get some OC apps that allow for dual CPU control we will REALLY see power.

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
My humble view based on numerous ROMs I have explored as at date.

Name it, I have tested it, you cannot at the moment compare InsertCoin with any ROM out there. It?s 2.2.5 SSE is kicking behinds

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Mods change multi times a month as the coders tinker with them and take the advice of those who follow their forums. Have you tried RECENT builds of all the roms out there?

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: Kernel 3.1 is released and it fixed the majority of the wonkiness and also allows for OC up to 1.7ghz STABLE. I used CPU Master to accomplish this. The mod and kernel are both beautiful really bringing out the power that the Sensation has inside of it. Now once we get some OC apps that allow for dual CPU control we will REALLY see power.

Check system tuner it allows you to OC both cores.

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Mods change multi times a month as the coders tinker with them and take the advice of those who follow their forums. Have you tried RECENT builds of all the roms out there?

I have tired it all & still exploring, stability, speed & excellent battery life is are reasons IC is best at the moment, you can add theme/s to change interface

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Most ROMs allow for custom themes. Leedroid definitely does. That being said I am not in the habit of denying something sight unseen so I am now downloading IC to see just what it's all about! :)

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Most ROMs allow for custom themes. Leedroid definitely does. That being said I am not in the habit of denying something sight unseen so I am now downloading IC to see just what it's all about! :)

Good luck & I hope you like it

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay. I installed InsertCoin this morning when I arrived at work. There are pluses and minuses.

I think overall Leedroid looks more polished. That being said, Insert Coin freakin FLIES! I'm not sure if it's the Bricked Kernal or the Rom itself but I'm flying with no lag. It remains to be seen if that will continue the longer it is on my phone. From what I have seen in the passed roms always start off flying then get heftier and laggier as they age.

I also HATE the fact that insert coin uses the page by page app scrolling that HTC uses stock. I love that Lee eliminated that in favor of the continuous scrolling. Do you know if anyone has a zip to flash to remove that?

All in all thank you for suggesting I try it. It may just stay on my sensation for a while!

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay. I installed InsertCoin this morning when I arrived at work. There are pluses and minuses.

I think overall Leedroid looks more polished. That being said, Insert Coin freakin FLIES! I'm not sure if it's the Bricked Kernal or the Rom itself but I'm flying with no lag. It remains to be seen if that will continue the longer it is on my phone. From what I have seen in the passed roms always start off flying then get heftier and laggier as they age.

I also HATE the fact that insert coin uses the page by page app scrolling that HTC uses stock. I love that Lee eliminated that in favor of the continuous scrolling. Do you know if anyone has a zip to flash to remove that?

All in all thank you for suggesting I try it. It may just stay on my sensation for a while!

I'm glad you not disappointment, it will be better you look around to compare stuff that can serve your purpose. Couple of ppl said ADW launcher is good

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
i like Coredroid with bricked- kernel .8 works good
CF- Bench mark was good:cool:

Looks good, I will suggest you use system tuner to reduce your CPU to 1536 for stability & better performance but the choice is yours.

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay this is in NO WAY meant to be taken as a review or a recommendation. This is simply how I felt.

I did NOT enjoy my experience with the latest InsertCoin. I worked with it for a day but I think the XE roms are just not ready yet. After a day it had slowed down to give me significant lag and I had about 5 force closes. I have since gone back to LeeDroid and will likely stay like that because it just works.