start unlimited and hotspot

jgorda

Sep 1, 2019
Visit site
Hi, does anybody know what is the restriction on hotspot with the start unlimited plan ($30 per line for 5+ line)? I switched to start unlimited for a week and I don't see any mention of hotspot capability, but I can turn on hotspot fine with my phone (though I didn't actually try using it). Many thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
From Verizon's site:

You now have an allowance of 15 GB (previously 10 GB) of 4G LTE data before it's reduced to speeds up to 600 Kpbs.

jgorda

Sep 1, 2019
Visit site
Thanks. But aren't most verizon unlimited plans limit you to 15gb before they throttle you? i see both play more and do more unlimited explicitly say they limit you to 15gb of 4g lte. here is the website

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...w.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/&token=o8WnVtJD

and that website doesn't mention that "start unlimited" has hotspot, so I assume that there is no hotspot. the rep that I chatted with also thought there was no hotspot. but if I can also do hotspot up to 15gb on start unlimited then i won't need to step up to the other two plans. thanks for any clarification!

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I believe start does not have the hotspot feature. You need to go to play or do more and you get 15gb high speed then lowered to 600kps.

I believe people say it maybe disabled in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali