Stock email app, Sent folder not syncing with IMAP

jackie1100

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I recently moved from iphone to Android and the G4 is my first android phone. My work email is IMAP and although everything is working, my sent folder on the phone seems local to the device. Google shows a couple of different options with the most reasonable one being "setting the IMAP path prefix" but the email app on the G4 has no such setting.
This is a pretty big deal for me as I have tons of email and need the Inbox and Sent folders to be synced with the server.
(by the way, I have disabled automatic sync, but for a different reason, i.e. to not allow my gmail account to sync contacts on the phone. But the auto-sync is not something that affects the Sent folder)
Can anyone please point out if this remains to be an unsolved issue, and what are my options.... ??? I'd like to put a fix or workaround if possible, but if there is no fix, do I go for another mail app? if yes, which ones are good?

Thanks

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I always leave auto-sync on so I'm not sure what fails if it's turned off. I think you might be able to leave it off if email sync is on.

Anyway, some email clients let you set which folders sync individually. See if yours has that option and if so that Sent is set to sync.

If it turns out that auto-sync must be on to sync Sent, you can disable contacts sync in Accounts > Google > Select account > Disable contacts sync. However, I very strongly recommend syncing contacts to Google.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laogui32