Stock rom

joey92

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to flash a custom kernel to a stock rom I just got a new ov and want to try the stock rom but I want to be able to overclock thanks in advance for any help

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but you will have root and install a custom recovery first. I also recommend you make a nandroid backup after installing the new recovery and before making any other changes. Check out the all things root guides for instructions.

joey92

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I already have root and a custom recovery installed
Edit: can I just flash the kernel or do I have to download the stock rom with the kernel?

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I already have root and a custom recovery installed
Edit: can I just flash the kernel or do I have to download the stock rom with the kernel?

You can download a kernel separately from a ROM.
However you will need to find a kernel that is compatible with your screen drivers (which are most likely hitachi screen drivers)
And the only kernel I know of for stock ROM is I believe Picasticks revamped or whatever. It is coded to run for both screens.

joey92

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
No i have experince with flashing roms this is my new ov and I am running harmonia 2 on my other one and yes I do have the new screen. Also where can I find the kernel at?

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Here the link. Sorry, on my phone, so just copy and paste it.

forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/128820-kernel-oc-picasticks-v7-recompiled-new-ov-screens.html