Stock weather widget not working, Location problems

pamelamorris65

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Having problems with the HTC stock widget also. I can't change the Weather settings, to update Automatically, this option is grayed out. Anyone else have this problem?

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have found that the only way to get this to update is to enable the setting under Privacy > Use My Location for Google Services and then under the Location > Use Wireless Networks.

shin.andy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The weather widget used to work all the time, but it just stopped working. Before it was at, "update every 3 hours" but I changed it to every 1 hour... It still doesn't update automatically. WHATS WRONG!

bro2danite

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Possible fix

All apps->Settings->Applications->Manage applications->HTC Weather Wallpaper->"Clear data"

Now I have the weather appearing correctly. Hopes this helps.

bronconia

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
mine doesn't have any data to clear :(

BUT, there IS another app listed above it... HTC weather sync provider...If you open it up, and select clear data, it gives you this warning: All of this application's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases, and so on.

Dunno if i should try that or not?

JetPilotMike

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I have found that the only way to get this to update is to enable the setting under Privacy > Use My Location for Google Services and then under the Location > Use Wireless Networks.

This fixed it instantaneously for me. I had selected it off during the initial set up after a hard reset. It is the box for allowing Google to collect usage data or something.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have these settings on since I activated the phone and still my weather is very erratic.

I set it to update every 3 hours and usually shows sunny sky conditions at 10p when everything is dark; manually updating does nothing to change the displayed information. When I set up for auto update every hour is more responsive and accurate but drains my battery very quickly.

deepfreez

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this was mentioned or not but I had an issue with the weather widget when I was connected to WiFi and not logged into the WiFi network.. ie at work and I had to enter the password to connect.

NYClawstudent

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue with the stock HTC weather widget as well when I first got the phone. After entering my location (zip code) it would still list "United States" as my primary location. It would be extremely frustrating to look over and see US weather. A little too vague.

So after entering and deleting zip codes and selecting New York several times it didn't work. I finally just decided to delete the widget from my home page and then add it again. This time it was NY as my primary location and it auto detects when I am in the outer boroughs. So if anyone has difficulties--I would suggest removing it from your homepage and then re-adding it as a widget subsequently.

Give it a shot!