Stop screen wake/activate when receiving any notification (htc one M8S)

bantha-food

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi.
There exists only one thread (as far as I was able to find) on the web which describes the problem I am having, but the solution is not applicable to me. (I don't have Clean Master, and no other apps have notification access) http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/602793-turn-screen-wake-off-notifications-2.html

Here's the issue:
Whenever I receive any notification (sms, ims, email, update notification, low battery, etc.) my phone's screen activates. That by itself isn't really an issue, except that it happens even if I lock my phone. Too many times have I "pocket-dialed" because I received a notification while my phone was in my pocket before the 1 min time limit I set for the code-lock to activate. Even if it is locked with a code, I end up pocket-dialing lots of combinations causing me to be locked out of my phone for a while.

tech details:
htc one M8S
OS version: 6.0.1 (sense v.: 7.0)

I don't think its caused by any apps I installed, since the behavior has been like this since I can remember. I just now have gotten frustrated enough to make my own post.