Storage question

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S22 but I figure this can apply to many more smartphones with a USB-C port, so I decided to post here.

As a lot of you have seen, I like to take a lot of photos, naturally more photos means alot more storage used than most other files. I 128 GB internal storage with about 77 of it currently free. And I also have 100 GB of cloud storage through Google 1. However at some point I figure as much I like to take photos, I'll end up using all that as well.

Are there any good adaptable thumb drives out there where I can either set my photos to save to by default or copy to them, and if there is, can it be done without losing image quality? I know when you upload to certain places, particularly FB, image quality can sometimes get greatly reduced, but I'm not sure if the same would apply to saving or copying photos to an external USB C flash/thumb drive.

Google 1 has up to 1 TB plans I think, but I am on something of a budget. I only managed to secure my S22 because of a trade in promotion that basically got me for free-- otherwise I wouldn't have done it and I likely wouldn't be taking as many photos as I currently am.

So if there are good adaptable external storage devices compatible with USB-C ports, that would be awesome.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Any thumb drive with OTG cabability should work ok. Use a file manager to copy your files and there will be no change to your picture quality. The Kingston Duo series are very good and physically small and have both USB C & A connectors integrated.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S22 but I figure this can apply to many more smartphones with a USB-C port, so I decided to post here.

As a lot of you have seen, I like to take a lot of photos, naturally more photos means alot more storage used than most other files. I 128 GB internal storage with about 77 of it currently free. And I also have 100 GB of cloud storage through Google 1. However at some point I figure as much I like to take photos, I'll end up using all that as well.

Are there any good adaptable thumb drives out there where I can either set my photos to save to by default or copy to them, and if there is, can it be done without losing image quality? I know when you upload to certain places, particularly FB, image quality can sometimes get greatly reduced, but I'm not sure if the same would apply to saving or copying photos to an external USB C flash/thumb drive.

Google 1 has up to 1 TB plans I think, but I am on something of a budget. I only managed to secure my S22 because of a trade in promotion that basically got me for free-- otherwise I wouldn't have done it and I likely wouldn't be taking as many photos as I currently am.

So if there are good adaptable external storage devices compatible with USB-C ports, that would be awesome.
Can see this thread
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1040758

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000