'storage space running out'

Manasav

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
This has worked like MAGIC! you are awesome and Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much! Ive never thought I'd get rid of this problem but this was just what I needed.A big Thank you once again! I created an account just to say how helpful this was and to say Thank you!

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I received one of these noticed today and it was a commercial wanting me to use someone's cloud service. I don't use any cloud service because I feel they have too much access to your information like email addresses and phone numbers. Read the "permissions" before you say OK!

Ade The Jambo

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
This definitely works on the Galaxy S2 (I restored 1.4 gig of space after doing this), but not sure about the Galaxy Tab 2. A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on the tablet and select option 2 “Delete dumpstate/logcat” in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your android either.

Like others I joined this forum simply to say thanks to Stu40 for solving a problem in an instant after I had been trawling the web and ploughing through hundreds of deeply technical forum posts across several sites for hours. Samsung clearly need to read his post! Cheers mate.

Livy07

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! I really appreciate this info!!! It definitely solved my problem!!! :) I had to create this account just to say thanks!!!

Sausan Hamoui

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Thank you soooooooooo much :D, your method freed 9 gigas !! it's crazy! i've been struggling with this for months....i've created this account especially to thank you :)

Saleem ft

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I also confirm that dialling *#9900# and selecting option 2 ?Delete dumpstate/logcat? worked even on a Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N700. I freed nearly 1G of space ! THANK YOU SO MUCH !! Great help.:)

Homoud123

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much. I gain some space but still facing storage full problem. I connected my phone (Samsung note 2) to my computer using Kies software and I discovered Dropbox cache is eating almost 3 GB of space. I deleted all of the files under the root subdirectory. I reclaimed the waisted space. I though this would be useful for those who use Dropbox. I deleted the files manually, but there is option in the Dropbox setting for clearing the cache. I have not tested that.

the location for the cache is : phone/cloudeagent/cache/root

Mahanthu Gangaiah

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem for months. Tried alot of options. Uninstalled alot of apps. Was thinking of installing OS again / or go to any repair shop / change the phone itself.

This is so simple solution. I really thanks for this solution. Thanks for your valuable input and solving our problems. Thanks Thanks Thanks...

Claire Tolsma

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Just created a quick account to say THANK YOU!!! for months months monthssssss i have been trying to get this fixed.. who knew by just dialing a number it would get solved. THANK THANK THANK THANK YOUUUUUUU did I say thank you?
Thank yoU!!!!!:-*

Arra RF

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Stu,

Thanks!! I really want to give u lots of hugs now!! After experiencing this problem about 2 month (due to the update of android to 4.1.2), I finally can clear my S2 storage (after uninstalling most of my apps and none of it is working).

Thanks Stu!!!!

May you have a wonderful day ahead..

:-*

curlykez

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
This definitely works on the Galaxy S2 (I restored 1.4 gig of space after doing this), but not sure about the Galaxy Tab 2. A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on the tablet and select option 2 ?Delete dumpstate/logcat? in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your android either.

Thank you Stu40, after months of trying things out and getting rather frustrated because nothing worked, this has finally solved my problem on my phone :)

The only problem I have now is getting rid of this error message on my daughters Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Where do I type the code in???

avinashvaity

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I have karbonn TA FONE A39 and have this storage problem. I have hardly installed few apps and can't download and install any further. Pls suggest a solution.

cahls

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
This definitely works on the Galaxy S2 (I restored 1.4 gig of space after doing this), but not sure about the Galaxy Tab 2. A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on the tablet and select option 2 ?Delete dumpstate/logcat? in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your android either.

Stu40, any suggestion on how to get the code to work on a WiFi only tablet? I also tried to install a dialer app but when you run the code, it just says not connected or something to that effect...???

Posted via Android Central App
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)