Stuck at CM boot screen after flashing back to 10.0

Dankoni

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I've had CM10.0 installed on my Verizon GNex since it was released. Just today, I decided to update to the newest experimental CM10.1. I was wary about an experimental, but it displayed as a stable release, so I figured I would give it a shot. After having the 10.1 experimental running for about 10 minutes, I decided to see if I could flash back to 10.0, because there was no option to add/sync my google account in 10.1 experimental. I saw that 10.0 was still able to be flashed from the updater within 10.1 experimental, so I started the installation. Everything seemed fine with the flash, but then when it rebooted, it just got stuck looping the CM boot screen.

I can still access the bootloader and get into ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.1.5. What can/should I do to get CM10.0 booting? If it's not possible, how would I go back to stock firmware?

Thanks all!

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had CM10.0 installed on my Verizon GNex since it was released. Just today, I decided to update to the newest experimental CM10.1. I was wary about an experimental, but it displayed as a stable release, so I figured I would give it a shot. After having the 10.1 experimental running for about 10 minutes, I decided to see if I could flash back to 10.0, because there was no option to add/sync my google account in 10.1 experimental. I saw that 10.0 was still able to be flashed from the updater within 10.1 experimental, so I started the installation. Everything seemed fine with the flash, but then when it rebooted, it just got stuck looping the CM boot screen.

I can still access the bootloader and get into ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.1.5. What can/should I do to get CM10.0 booting? If it's not possible, how would I go back to stock firmware?

Thanks all!

I'd start by wiping cache, and dalvik, although it should not be needed, never know if it will help until you try.

Dankoni

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Wiped cache and dalvik. Rebooted and sitting at CM boot screen now. I'll give it about 10 minuted and update. Thank you.

What's the next step if this doesn't make a difference? Wipe data / factory reset?

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Wiped cache and dalvik. Rebooted and sitting at CM boot screen now. I'll give it about 10 minuted and update. Thank you.

What's the next step if this doesn't make a difference? Wipe data / factory reset?

I also presume that you installed the correct gapps for the rom version as well. In a worst case scenario, you can restore your nandroid created before downgrading

Dankoni

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to copy files to my SD without being able to actually boot the ROM? Can I copy files to the SD via the USB cable and ClockworkMod?

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to copy files to my SD without being able to actually boot the ROM? Can I copy files to the SD via the USB cable and ClockworkMod?

I cant say for sure. I never got to that point of recovery. I know I was able to use Lexar LRWM02USBNA Micro SD/M2 USB Reader: Amazon.ca: Electronics to copy my roms to the SC cdard, but that is probably something you did not want to hear at this time. Alternatively, if you can get into "download" mode on the device you should be able to use ODIN to push your device stock rom onto it.

PS, the link provided is just something I use and keep handy for problems that may arise.

Dankoni

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
All fixed now. Thank you! I used CWM Recovery to push the newest CM nightly and gapps to the sdcard, then just flashed them from within CWM and rebooted. All good now.

PHEW!

57Maineac

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
All fixed now. Thank you! I used CWM Recovery to push the newest CM nightly and gapps to the sdcard, then just flashed them from within CWM and rebooted. All good now.

PHEW!

I'm at the same problem, Dankoni. I can get to CWM Recovery. Very new at this...can you walk me through the push of nightly and gapps?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers