Stuck at Updating ICS in the Boot

firedfoxd

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hello, i recently tried to update my HTC Rezound from the leek from last month to the recent one.
Everything was peachy till the phone rebooted and went to the boot for a 2nd time. i wasnt very concern since when i did the 1st leek i had to go back there a 2nd time.
Now the phone been stuck "updating BOOT" w/o moving.

Can i remove the battery and start again?
or did i just broke my phone?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
With the first one, I ran the RUU once(and it froze) after 15 minutes I pulled the battery. Then I ran the RUU again(twice) and it was fine. So I ran it three times in total just to be sure. You might want to battery pull and run it again.

Reactions: firedfoxd

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Can you give a bit more of a run down on what you did to get to that point?

Is your bootloader locked or unlocked?

Are you S-off?

firedfoxd

May 26, 2010
Visit site
@ wanda
The bootloader is locked and i assume im S-on( since i have never root)

nothing really to specify, just got stuck in the update
followed the steps provided by androidpolice

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
@ wanda
The bootloader is locked and i assume im S-off ( since i have never root)

nothing really to specify, just got stuck in the update
followed the steps provided by androidpolice

Lol, you'd definitely know if you were S-off! You're S-on unless you bought the phone from someone who got it to S-off.

Mr. Smith got you covered though. Batt pull, run it again. I had similar issues with the previous leak RUU but it was a bad download.

firedfoxd

May 26, 2010
Visit site
after pulling the battery out, and putting it back in.
I tried installing the leek again, worked flawlessly.

I already see major improvement over last leek

again tnx to Mrsmith for the help

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
after pulling the battery out, and putting it back in.
I tried installing the leek again, worked flawlessly.

I already see major improvement over last leek

again tnx to Mrsmith for the help

Glad you got it to work. I also updated my phone from the previous leak to this new leak and I'm curious about what kind of improvements you are seeing.

The one big flaw that I tested was bluetooth functionality. With the previous leak my Jawbone ICON stop working properly. Everything sounded fine on my end, but everyone on the other end complained that my voice was very crackly. I'm happy to say that this leak seems to have fixed that issue.

Another issue that has been fixed is the wallpaper being set incorrectly for the lockscreen. With the previous leak, if I set an image as the main wallpaper for the phone, it would also be set as the main wallpaper for the lockscreen. Likewise, if I set a custom wallpaper for the lockscreen, it would be set as the main wallpaper as well.

Well, that's all I've tested so far, but I'm curious about what other people are finding with this new leak.

jwalker007

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm kinda of surprised that this doesn't seem to be as stable as the previous leak. My bluetooth seems to drop the connection more frequently. Also had trouble with the keyboard choice not sticking with my selection. I did noticed one change. The volume adjustments seem to been more adjustable. Noticed it last night when I was setting the alarm again and notice I could get the volume lower and there were more ringtones available.

firedfoxd

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Glad you got it to work. I also updated my phone from the previous leak to this new leak and I'm curious about what kind of improvements you are seeing.

The one big flaw that I tested was bluetooth functionality. With the previous leak my Jawbone ICON stop working properly. Everything sounded fine on my end, but everyone on the other end complained that my voice was very crackly. I'm happy to say that this leak seems to have fixed that issue.

Another issue that has been fixed is the wallpaper being set incorrectly for the lockscreen. With the previous leak, if I set an image as the main wallpaper for the phone, it would also be set as the main wallpaper for the lockscreen. Likewise, if I set a custom wallpaper for the lockscreen, it would be set as the main wallpaper as well.

Well, that's all I've tested so far, but I'm curious about what other people are finding with this new leak.

I noticed that the battery is lasting me much longer with this leek than the previos ( im a mild internet user).
Also appz get along better with the new leek ( im talking about juice defender, the OS used to kill the app now it seems to not do so).
It also dont get that much hotter
UI don't seem to have lag
I haven't have any problems with the wallpaper between lock screen and main( that may have been the theme that you were using as a lock screen)