Stuck caps lock!!!

juliabulia245

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad the solution is working for people!

gman1980, were you able to get it working on your mini?

As for the character limit, my guess is that, for some reason, each lowercase letters must be considered as two characters from the phone's perspective... because in both cases (Loukia and Yiorgos), the new limit is approximately half of the old limit. It's probably not something we will be able to adjust ourselves unless international character encoding goes through some change in the future.

Maybe this is why the default setting was all caps in the first place? Perhaps the Android programmers figured more people would prefer a higher character limit than the ability to type lowercase letters... who knows!

tabtab40

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Resolved!

The text input mode of the messaging program needs to be changed to 'Automatic.'

To do this, open up your Messaging app, click on the menu, select 'Settings,' then 'Text messages,' then 'Input mode.' From the options provided, select 'Automatic.' Your Greek keyboard should now function properly (it shouldn't be stuck on all caps anymore!).

My input mode had previously been set to 'GSM alphabet' - this is why the keyboard only functions incorrectly on the messaging app, while working properly on your other apps.

These instructions resolved the issue on my Samsung Galaxy S5. The steps may be a bit different for different phone models, but the core solution should be the same.

Did that resolve the issue for anybody else? :)

lionheart1962

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I had the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy note 3 & 4, running Android 5.

Changing the text input mode of the messaging program to 'Automatic' resolved the issue for me.

To do this, open up your Messaging app, click on the menu, select 'Settings,' then 'Text messages,' then 'Input mode.' From the options provided, select 'Automatic.' Your Greek keyboard should now function properly (it shouldn't be stuck on all caps anymore!).

My input mode had previously been set to 'GSM alphabet' - this is why the keyboard only functions incorrectly on the messaging app, while it may work properly on other apps.

The steps may be a bit different for different phone models, but the core solution should be the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnsd84