stuck on the dual core eye screen....

sammy1412

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
pretty much sums it up.

it started randomly rebooting about week and a half ago, then it got to where when it rebooted, it would take awhile, then it got to where i would have to hold the power button down after 5-10 minutes, do this a few times, then it would boot up, now its stuck in the boot process at the eye symbol.

any help fixing this, or even getting into the phone?

i wont express my frustration with verizon, but apparently i have a 'refurbished' unit coming in a day or two, but i have to send the old one back. (i never canceled the insurance after the plan contract expired)

i do not want to send it back until i can do at least do a manual factory reset and hopefully erase all the personal data?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that's a problem. From what I recall, booting into Recovery Mode should't bring up the eye--if the eye shows up, you've gone beyond the bootloader. Are you certain you followed those steps to the letter?

sammy1412

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
the directions i read on line were to hit the volume up/down when the red eye came up, i think i have tried it both it ways so far with so no luck. event he verizon tech tried it to no avail.

i'll try it again and hit them as soon as it powers down, but i dont think it will work that way either.

edit: i tried recovery mode and got the green android guy on his back with the hatch open and a red triangle with an exclamation point...... then back to red eye of death....

Last edited:

sammy1412

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
the directions i read on line were to hit the volume up/down when the red eye came up, i think i have tried it both it ways so far with so no luck. event he verizon tech tried it to no avail.

i'll try it again and hit them as soon as it powers down, but i dont think it will work that way either.

i'll be a son of a *****..... so i just tried it again, and it worked, as far as the the screen with the number options... lets see what happens net then. (as i know have tried this way before and didn't get to this point)

soo still waiting.... stuck still stuck at the eye

edit: i tried recovery mode and got the green android guy on his back with the hatch open and a red triangle with an exclamation point...... then back to red eye of death....

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the cache partition wipe doesn't help, then try selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset from the Recovery Menu. Of course, it'll wipe your phone, but it might get it back to working order.

sammy1412

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
If the cache partition wipe doesn't help, then try selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset from the Recovery Menu. Of course, it'll wipe your phone, but it might get it back to working order.

trying recovery modes, so far, AP FAst Boot got me to the next screen,

eMMC INfo: File size 16g
to return to normal mode - first press power key to power down
Device is locked, status code: 0

Batt ok
ok to program
connect usb data cable

(cable is connected thoug)

trying to hold off on factory reset as i havent backed it up in awhile

edit: finally got the cache wipe... fingers crossed....

so far no luck... I've gotten it to get the recovery mode pretty consistently, and I have tried the factory data reset from there a couple of times, but when it reboots its still stuck on the red eye screen......

Last edited:

tomsway69

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I too am having the same problem. Except I cannot go to Verizon, we went on Verizon revolt recently and switched to Page Plus. They use Verizon towers and am very happy with their service. We have 3 Maxx's and Love the battery life. However my daughters recently started losing 3g service ( Page Plus is now in the process of going 4G). She would have to reboot but would lose it again. Now her phone is stuck on the Red Eye. I have tried Vol up/dwn Pwr did wipe cache partition to no avail then Factory Rest also to no avail. Can anyone instruct me how to fix this problem? I am recently disabled and cannot afford a new phone right now. I've read a little about using adb and rsd I think it was to reprogram phone but seems complicated. But since I have the time I'd go that route if someone could hold my hand so to speak.Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais