Suggestion for portable USB powered printers to work with my Note 2 and laptops?

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
It should, but I can't say for sure. I have the previous version of that printer (OfficeJet H470) and it works great using the Printer Share app via Bluetooth. I also have a Canon iP100 mobile printer and that works great too.

BTW, if you are interested, I don't need the OfficeJet H470 anymore and would be willing to deal on it. It hasn't been used that much and comes with the Bluetooth adapter, the battery pack, the HP printer and laptop bag, and a spare black ink cartridge. That's a darn good deal on the new model though. The 470 was about twice that at the time when I bought it!

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't bought a printer for quite some time, as I normally use printers at work, so I don't know exactly what technology offers in way of portable printing nowadays.

What I really want is a portable/small printer to do B&W printing (some color) that is powered by a USB cable and/or 12 volt outlet through my vehicle's car charger. I do NOT (repeat NOT) want a printer that requires charging through a household AC outlet. I want to be able to keep this printer charged up at all times through my vehicle's 12 volt outlet (and/or via USB cable).

I use Windows laptops, Android tablets, and of course my Verizon Note 2 phone. I'd like to be able to print from any of these devices if possible. I don't really care for printing pictures, although I might occasionally do so.

Having a built-in rechargeable battery is a plus too.

EDIT: What I really want is a portable B&W printer (not thermal) that can be charged via USB cable to a laptop and/or through a vehicle's 12 volt outlet. It would be nice if I can use my phone to send to print, but not necessary. I've seen portable scanners that are powered via plugging into a laptop, I'm wondering if portable printers can do the same.

Last edited:

madisonjar

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I just ask because I didnt know if there was a certain printer that worked with air printer only or not thats all, was just thinking of ease of having a printer setup to computer and not having to switch around everytime you wanted to print with note 2. Just use air print and be on your way.

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
This mobile HP printer has a Bluetooth connection.
A print app like PrintHand supports also Bluetooth.

So you might visit PrintHand's web site for to look if PrintHand supports this mobile HP printer via Bluetooth.

I use PrintHand with my wireless HP printer in my WiFi home network ... setting up the printer is very easy and setting up the print pages too, more options than the HP print app.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The Canon IP100 is what I use. Its worth buying the bluetooth module for it so you can wireless print. Great little printer if a little expensive. I had jamming problems with the HP portable and the ink would dry up if I didn't use it for a while. Never a problem on the Canon.

Posted via Android Central App

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
BTW I don't think there are really any portables that charge via usb. The Cannon and the HP which are really the only two that are widely available both have and option for a car charger and a battery though a cheap power inverter would be less expensive. The battery packs are and expensive option that I wouldn't recommend unless you do a lot of field work where you need to print extensively away from your vehicle. They are $100+ and I have never been able to get much more than 50 pages from a charge.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
To print via wifi or bluetooth from your phone or Note will require a $15 app called Printershare PRO. The other solutions are buggy at best. I found the generic HP and Cannon drivers give me the best results. If you ever print photos tou will want to stick to your laptop. Printing those from Android will give you less than optimum results though in a clinch they are serviceable.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN0fF5UAN6Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Check out the cool YouTube video on someone rigging his Note 2 phone to print wirelessly with the Canon Pixma ip100 mobile printer!

I went out to buy the same Canon printer at a local Best Buy store yesterday. Best Buy currently has it on sale for $179.00.

Better yet, I had Best Buy do a price match for around $161.00 from B&H Photography, so my final price was even lower!

I haven't set up the printer yet, but hope to be able to rig it so I can use my Note 2 for printing, per the above YouTube video.

Geoff Potter

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I have the galaxy note 2 and the Canon IP100 printer. I downloaded Printshare Pro as well. When I go to scan for printers, it shows the printer and I click on it, It will say it is processing then tell me "Can't connect to Bluetooth device. You need to pair Bluetooth device and android device first. However it says it is paired when I look at my Bluetooth connection (however it does not show it is "connected" and in "blue" like it would if I had my Bluetooth headset connected. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do to get this to function properly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani