Sunrise alarm in Google Clock does not gradually brighten as it's supposed to

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I tried this out for the first time this morning expecting the sunrise alarm to gradually brighten from red to yellow starting 15 min before my scheduled wake up time. Instead, the screen came on at full brightness at the 15 minute mark with a multicolored bubble background. Is there something I need to change in settings or something?

Using a Samsung Galaxy S10e

Adam Smith23

Nov 10, 2021
Visit site
This is the screen I get, at full brightness, instead of the gradual shift from red to yellow.

I thought it had bubbles, but that must've been my just-jolted-awake brain thinking it saw things

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211110-163028_Clock.jpg
    Screenshot_20211110-163028_Clock.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 11

ItsJustWool

Dec 8, 2021
Visit site
This is a bug since android 12. I think it affects all androids. Sunrise alarm was one of my top underrated features on my pixel. Hopefully they fix it soon

lingfelix53

Dec 6, 2021
Visit site
I'm on a Samsung A32 using Android 11 (not 12), and I have a similar problem. Samsung tech support informed me that the sunrise feature is not yet supported on my phone and suggested I escalate the issue using the Samsung Members app.

"Option 1 : Open Samsung Members app and tap the get help button on the bottom of the screen. After that, tap error report or go to feedback button.

Option 2 : You can also send feedback by tapping the feedback button on the right side of this site."

lingfelix53

Dec 6, 2021
Visit site
The Samsung Members response was not helpful and redirected me right back to Samsung tech support via chat (thus going in circles), but the next support person fixed it... simply by force-quitting Google Clock and clearing the cache.

(insert forehead slap here)

I figured there's no way such steps would do anything since this was a new device on which I had freshly installed Google Clock, and I had also already tried an uninstall/reinstall per a suggestion on this forum. But hey, it worked, which means the feature is indeed supported!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45