Super choppy scrolling

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed super choppy scrolling lately? It's most noticeable in the app drawer. If you do a continuous scroll, rather than a flick, as you drag your finger across the screen, is it super choppy? Mine is horrible. I've had the phone for a month now and I didn't notice it until today, which makes me think it's new.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
My Pixel 2 XL is still smooth as silk in the Launcher, Chrome, and any apps I scroll a good bit in.

I do have one game where the scrolling is choppy, but it seems to be a problem with just that one app. Makes me wonder if that game isn't working well with the resolution/aspect ratio of the 2 xl

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have not had anything even remotely close to chop or lag. After reading OP's post I went to my app drawer to check, it's smooth as silk.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Pixel 2, default launcher, appx 70 apps installed.

Dragging to scroll the app drawer is very smooth.

You say it's smooth if you flick but choppy when dragged? Maybe turn on "show taps" in Developer Options and see if you notice anything weird with your touch detection.

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys. Still choppy here. Maybe it's an app I've got installed. I'll have to uninstall one by one.

returnmyjedi

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
The first 2XL I tried in a shop had very choppy scrolling in apps and on the Google feed, but didn't experience it in the next demo unit I had a play with nor the one I eventually bought.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed super choppy scrolling lately? It's most noticeable in the app drawer. If you do a continuous scroll, rather than a flick, as you drag your finger across the screen, is it super choppy? Mine is horrible. I've had the phone for a month now and I didn't notice it until today, which makes me think it's new.

Not here

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene