Switching between CM10 and Stock

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I successfully installed CyanogenMod 10 on my Galaxy S3 using ROM manager. I love it!

1. Now, is there a way to switch back and forth between my CM10 and the original stock?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I did. I was able to switch back to original stock but not back to CyanongenMod 10.

Should I technically be able to switch back and forth? Is it a possibility?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Yea. If you save your backups to your sd card all you'll have to do is reboot to recovery, wipe, then restore whichever backup.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I think that was part of the problem. None of my backups are on the SD card. I haven't figured out how to save to SD card using ROM Manager. It always defaults to internal memory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Vol4Ever

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just for sake of argument, say I wanted to maintain a few different ROM's. No idea if I'd even want to as I'm still 100% stock. This is just curiosity. How long does it take to do the wipe / restore procedure? Are most things kept intact (custom settings and saved games, for example), or do they all get reset during the switch process?

Thanks!

~Vol

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Just for sake of argument, say I wanted to maintain a few different ROM's. No idea if I'd even want to as I'm still 100% stock. This is just curiosity. How long does it take to do the wipe / restore procedure? Are most things kept intact (custom settings and saved games, for example), or do they all get reset during the switch process?

Thanks!

~Vol

If you have them backed up to your SD card then you can switch between ROMs in less than 5 minutes. But if you transfer them to your computer it might take about another 5 minutes to transfer all the data to your phone. The more data you have stored, the longer it takes. When you restore, everything is exactly as you left it.

I usually switch from time to time between different sense based ROMs and vanilla JB ROMs. Always come back to cleanROM though lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgibbs83