Swype vs SwiftKey

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Both have memory leaks, SwiftKey is worse than Swype but SwiftKey has a nice tablet version.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

Maybe on your device? I rebooted 8 hours ago.. Swiftkey shows in processes as running for that long but only at 36 MB for memory usage right now.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried Swype however I have the trial version of SwiftKey and I really like it, but does anyone experience a short lag when toggling between the 123/ABC keys? Other than that, it a good alternative than the stock one and I'll be purchasing it soon.

Homeuser

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I have used Swype for a few years now. Maybe it's me, but I got used to Swype and it's adaptability. I recently changed over and tried SwiftKey. I really liked Swiftkey and it was fun inputting emotions when I was typing. However , I have found that using SwiftKey, I would have to proofread everything before I sent it. It was no where near as accurate as Swype was. With Swype, I hardly ever had to proofread it. It was almost 100% accurate. It would rarely if ever have to change a word. I think I'll stick with Swype for now, till SwiftKey gets better.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I came from FlexT9 which was a free swipe type keyboard and loved the swipe from punctuation and double tap space for period that when I tried to use other keyboards without it, I just couldn't. I also did the Swype betas for a long time but got frustrated when they would kill them. When I found out that Swype bought FlexT9 and integrated its' features I jumped right on and bought the full version and have yet to look back. The one thing Swype is missing is more emojis. I often have to switch to my stock HTC keyboard for a more broad range of emojicons. It's kind of a pain if I want to use anything other than some standard ones but as for keyboards I feel Swype has learned my style and extended words very well and the interface as well as the features keep me satisfied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii