"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Aug 10, 2017
Visit site
I was tasked with resolving the "no synch" email issue with my wife's newer S8. I had no luck after trying the procedures offered on this forum including those provided by Google. However, I had a eureka moment and decided to put myself in Googles marketing heads - how can we make more $$$$$. The very first place to check is the amount of memory you have devoted to the Cloud. Go into your account. At 15gb or more Google toggles off your email and stresses the need to pay for more memory. Or if you hunt a bit more you can compress those photos and videos that have been gathering since your first phone. In any case, manage what you save. Yes, my wife's email issue was resolved immediately

HollandJP

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I have read all the posts/replys for the sync problem, but my issue seems to be unique. Here it is: Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1. For about 6 weeks now, my contacts (stock contacts app that came pre installed from Metro PCS) for my primary Google account keeps getting the "Sync is currently experiencing problems..." error. I have tried every applicable fix to no avail. I think this began after I merged some old contacts floating around somewhere (not sure exactly what app or account as I didn't discover the issue until a few weeks after I had performed the merge) that I found via the contacts app. I only have the phone, no PC or other device, so all administration of my Google accounts (I have four, one primary and three others I use for specific purposes) is done on the Galaxy. As I mentioned, I have checked everything recommended in this thread, permissions, switched sync on and off, everything but a factory reset, which I won't do since I have no computer to back up to. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it. I am a little nervous about not having a backup of my contacts, as my phone is getting old and it gets used for everything I would normally do on a computer, but that is a luxury I can't afford.
Thanks!

mckinleaf

Jan 11, 2019
Visit site
Anyone else getting this message for syncing gmail account with the phone? Anyone know what it means? Gmail works but calendar and contacts sync only sporadically, and I get this message.

I found a fix I haven't seen posted anywhere else!

I tried everything everyone else has, deleted my accounts and re-added it, deleted app info, etc etc.

Then

1. Open gmail app
  2. Click menu hamburger
  3. Click the down arrow next to where your email address is displayed
  4. Click Manage Accounts
  5. Click on the account with the sync error
  6. There are two options: Account sync, which you've probably already tried, and then the option above it, Google Account. Click Google Account.
Here, it told me I had a sign-in error. (Even though I had successfully logged in to my account in order to add it, and on desktop!) Click 'Sign in' on this window. I had to click it twice.
With my work email, when I did this, it said my work prevented me from accessing it unless I set up a lockscreen, so I had to do that (sigh).

But yeah, this worked when nothing else did.