News T-Mobile decides it's a bad idea to anger its most loyal customers

iamhe02

Oct 27, 2023
Visit site
I'm flabbergasted they ever considered this. I have never heard of any service provider terminating customers' legacy plans and forcing them onto more expensive ones. I'm sure there's good reason for this -- reasons that, unfathomably, T-Mobile had to learn for themselves.

I recently moved to a new town where T-Mobile coverage is poor. The ONLY THING keeping me from switching providers is my legacy plan. If it weren't for that, I'd have been long gone and hard to find by now.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been following this on Reddit for a while now. People were coming unglued.

If you were notified by T-Mobile that they were going to migrate you to a different plan, you had the opportunity to opt-out of the change & retain your plan.

However, once T-Mobile's migration plans leaked, customers got out the torches & pitchforks.

I'd say it's become a P.R. nightmare for T-Mobile....

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm flabbergasted they ever considered this. I have never heard of any service provider terminating customers' legacy plans and forcing them onto more expensive ones. I'm sure there's good reason for this -- reasons that, unfathomably, T-Mobile had to learn for themselves.
Technically, they were not forcing anyone into a new plan. You were to be notified 'if' you were on the planned migration. You would then need to contact T-Mobile & opt-out of the change if you did not want to move to that plan.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't thrilled with the whole scenario. I was waiting to see if I was contacted & if so, I planned on opting-out.

I have a love/hate relationship with T-Mobile.
😀

Royce Edwards

Oct 29, 2023
Visit site
Unfortunately this is only the latest of their "piss off the customer" moves. The first one was when they insisted that you supply a debit card or bank account information to receive auto pay, instead of linking to your credit card. Given their security reputation, or should I say their insecurity reputation, I immediately called them to find out if there was an alternative for a long time customer. Long story short, no alternative. I dropped two mobile lines and transferred them to Mint which uses their network. I kept wireless home internet with them and changed it to an unused checking account. Now every month I pay for my T-Mobile bill with a credit card before auto pay hits.

The only thing they accomplished was losing two lines of service from a long time customer. Trust me they keep doing things like this and they'll find a way to make me jettison their home internet as well. It's such a shame because I used to be such a strong advocate for them. Unfortunately with most companies, they don't appreciate the customers they have only the ones they can win from a competitor. They're certainly not going to win me back anytime soon.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I would have opted out but then saw they changed their minds on going though with forcing people off their old plans.

But even if they had not changed their minds, and I opted out . I still would have started looking at other plans on other carriers .

Last edited:

samagon

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

I recently moved to a new town where T-Mobile coverage is poor. The ONLY THING keeping me from switching providers is my legacy plan. If it weren't for that, I'd have been long gone and hard to find by now.
I don't know enough about the history of cell providers, but considering how frequently my cable/satellite/streaming service provider changes terms/plans/etc, I'm shocked if it's never happened, and I'll be shocked if it never does happen.

especially if there's no contract involved, if there's no contract, then there's no guarantee that the selected plan will remain available month after month.

requiredusername

Nov 2, 2023
Visit site
TMobile has never offered disney plus or Apple music. Does anybody even do any research on their own anymore before reporting, or do people just read what another website posts and then make a post on the website they write for based on what they read and their assumptions?