T-Mobile: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
just got off the phone with customer service only had to pay $89 as for my upgrade better than $280 lol, been with tmobile since 2013... Got the 128 version, the 512gb was over $500 down-payment GTFO

I wanted to pay only $89 upfront but that would make my payment $40 instead of $30. I know it doesn't sound like much but with 2 lines it would raise our monthly bill to well over $200 month. With 1 income every $1 counts.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I wanted to pay only $89 upfront but that would make my payment $40 instead of $30. I know it doesn't sound like much but with 2 lines it would raise our monthly bill to well over $200 month. With 1 income every $1 counts.

I feel you on that, myself for one line at pay close to $200 because I leased and I'm paying off a original phone that was on a different JOD plan... including my service

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Since I picked the $6.99 shipping method which is the basic UPS ground. Will that mean that it will take up to 6 or more days to get my shinny new phone? Not sure if I can wait that long.. lol

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Since I picked the $6.99 shipping method which is the basic UPS ground. Will that mean that it will take up to 6 or more days to get my shinny new phone? Not sure if I can wait that long.. lol

I seen before in the past people who pre-ordered two days before the actual release date getting the phones before others who pre-ordered weeks in advance. Customer rep told me this morning as long as you preorder it doesn't matter what shipping you use

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Have you been with T-Mobile longer than 3 years? Im 1 month shy of my 3 years and had to pay 279
I'm in the same boat. I think we switched to T-mobile on 9/1/2015. If I don't qualify for the lower down payment, it's probably not happening for me. At least for now, anyways. I wonder if they strictly go by the system or if they have any way to override it?

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Pre-ordered my 512GB once they went live this morning. Being that the down payment was $612 total and change I may find myself keeping this phone for a lot longer than usual. Which won't hurt my feelings. I have been phone jumping for too long. Between selling my current phone and the headphones when I get them that will more than make up for the loss. Can't wait to get that beast in my hands though. Time to start accessorizing!!!!

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I think we switched to T-mobile on 9/1/2015. If I don't qualify for the lower down payment, it's probably not happening for me. At least for now, anyways. I wonder if they strictly go by the system or if they have any way to override it?

I switched a little over 2 years ago. If they tell me I have to pay $280 down I won't be getting it.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Do you pay the down payment on the bill or when you go to the store?

Last year in my Note 8 it came off my credit card that I use for payments, asap (well after the credit card decided it wasn't fraud, I usually don't spend that much).

I've been with tmobile 4 years. Still debating. The $80 sounds better, but I have a bit on my Note 8 to pay off. Maybe I'll wait a month to two. This way i can see if there's a different deal and make sure blue is available. I'm afraid it'll sell out.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm now only 10 days away from my 3 year anniversary and they are still saying no to the lower down payment. I'll try the stores today ,but at least I can still preorder 10 days from now.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I switched a little over 2 years ago. If they tell me I have to pay $280 down I won't be getting it.
I talked to them on Twitter this morning morning already. They basically said that was the price and they were couldn't tell me when or if I would qualify for lower down payment. Not evening positive they even conformed the lower down payment option was even a thing.
This might seem knee jerk. But, this has me really considering other carriers in the future. It's funny that the uncarrier title is still true, just in a bad way.
Sprint is offering some Forever Galaxy lease for under $21 per month month and you can upgrade after a year. I thought you they were merging? Why can't T-mobile offer this? The plan prices and support is great. Their phone prices are where they get you now.
We'll see what the uncarrier event on 8/15 has in store. Usually, these are just changes to plans, not phone pricing.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm now only 10 days away from my 3 year anniversary and they are still saying no to the lower down payment. I'll try the stores today ,but at least I can still preorder 10 days from now.
Congrats. At least you are that close. If I qualify, it would be after 9/1. I don't get any pre-order freebies.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I talked to them on Twitter this morning morning already. They basically said that was the price and they were couldn't tell me when or if I would qualify for lower down payment. Not evening positive they even conformed the lower down payment option was even a thing.
This might seem knee jerk. But, this has me really considering other carriers in the future. It's funny that the uncarrier title is still true, just in a bad way.
Sprint is offering some Forever Galaxy lease for under $21 per month month and you can upgrade after a year. I thought you they were merging? Why can't T-mobile offer this? The plan prices and support is great. Their phone prices are where they get you now.
We'll see what the uncarrier event on 8/15 has in store. Usually, these are just changes to plans, not phone pricing.

I would almost be better off paying off my lease phone and buying it out and trading it in for the $500 off. It would pretty much be a wash since I basically owe $480 for the lease and pay off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trexgameaz