T-Mobile Galaxy S 4G: Can't get into Download or Recover mode HELP!

adambarrios1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
i recently used Odin to update my phone to 2.3.3 but now i can't get into download mode. i've tried every combination and i noticed it also won't even bring up recovery mode anymore either. i can't root now, flash another rom or anything. any help will be much appreciated. other than this the phone is amazing, i'd just really like to root it. also since Odin sees my phone when i connect to the computer, can i just plug it in after putting the files on Odin and flash from there?

Last edited by a moderator:

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can't get into Download or Recover mode HELP!

You can't flash while the phone is booted, if that's what you mean. Have you tried a jig?

mikesoft

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

You can try this:

Disconnect USB.
Turn phone off. Remove battery.

Put battery back on.

Push both volume up and down at the same time. Dont release volumes. Then, connect USB cable (have odin ready)

If that doesn't work, try this:

Disconnect USB.
Turn phone off.
Press and hold volume down and then press power (hold). Hold both until you get into download mode and then connect USB cable.

Important to remember that, with USB cable connected, it won't get into download mode, or at least that's what happened to me but I could fix it following one of the above mentioned methods.

Good luck.

IF you still can't get into DL mode, I suggest you visit xda-forums.

xolanir

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

i recently used Odin to update my phone to 2.3.3 but now i can't get into download mode. i've tried every combination and i noticed it also won't even bring up recovery mode anymore either. i can't root now, flash another rom or anything. any help will be much appreciated. other than this the phone is amazing, i'd just really like to root it. also since Odin sees my phone when i connect to the computer, can i just plug it in after putting the files on Odin and flash from there?
Check out the xda-developers. I remember seeing a post there where that was the issue and they've figured out a way to fix that. They mentioned that it's a bug that comes with the leaked version of the 2.3.3 software.

Last edited:

sasan330

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

hi guys
i had been downloading my htc evo to the newest version but accidently battery was removed. i tried to turn the phone on but i figured out that phone is in download mode. how can i upgrade rom again or how can i come out the phone from download mode??

robelak

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

please help!!! i have been updating my vibrant before and I know how to get it to download mode or recovery mode. but after trying to install honeycomb for Samsung Galaxy S GTI900... on my samsung galaxy S T959 I think it was not compatible therefore couldnt finish booting. it passes the vibrant logo but stuck showing me the part that the "S" comes. and it skips it when i try to get it to either download or recovery mode.( i know how to get it to DL/recovery mode) its just that the phone no more respond to the key combinations. help is greatly appreciated!!!!

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

how to get into download mode:

[Guide] How to get into Download Mode - xda-developers

@robelak: yes you used a rom that is not at all intended for your phone. if the rom isnt for the t959v then DO NOT USE IT for the phone. if you can get the phone into download mode, get the files from the following link and follow the directions for flashing via odin. here is the link:

[ODIN+CWM] GB Ext4 Starter Pack (Nov 24) - xda-developers

hope that helps

bimlesh

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

You can try this:

Disconnect USB.
Turn phone off. Remove battery.

Put battery back on.

Push both volume up and down at the same time. Dont release volumes. Then, connect USB cable (have odin ready)

If that doesn't work, try this:

Disconnect USB.
Turn phone off.
Press and hold volume down and then press power (hold). Hold both until you get into download mode and then connect USB cable.

Important to remember that, with USB cable connected, it won't get into download mode, or at least that's what happened to me but I could fix it following one of the above mentioned methods.

Good luck.

IF you still can't get into DL mode, I suggest you visit xda-forums.

buzzadon

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

i cant get into download mode on my samsung vibrant, all my phone do is show the android pic, when i try to go in to download mode it freezes, can it be fixed

Steven Daniel

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

help i just got a s4-gti9500 from hong kong unlocked and i need to root it but i cant get it into download mode when i do it it said factory mode and then a bunch of chinese words that look like stock recovery any information would be good i did call samsung and they did confirm that its a real s4 IMG_20130929_160611.jpg

Steven Daniel

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

ok so i got it rooted now but i still have no way to get it to download mode as it seems that the buttons are configured different holding only the power and the vol + is the only way to get it to stock recovery i have tried every way to get into download mode but just reboots the phone every time any way of getting Odin to work any other way because i need to put CWM Recovery in to this to change roms

Magaruson

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Steven, I'm having the same issue with my phone. I can't get it to go into download mode. It comes up with same Chinese menu as your screen shot. Were you able to figure it out?

hiren786

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

hey guy i cnt get in to recovry mod...i m ****ed...plz plz plz help me out....:':)':)':)':)':)'(

Cjay_gotmoney

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

please help me. I was trying to unbrick my samsung galaxy gt-s5830m with odin. But i used a wrong rom. Now i can't get back into download ''mode, nor recovery mode". It just comes up stuck on the screen. Can someone please help me. [/b] :( :'(

Fredson Milton

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

help i just got a s4-gti9500 from hong kong unlocked and i need to root it but i cant get it into download mode when i do it it said factory mode and then a bunch of chinese words that look like stock recovery any information would be good i did call samsung and they did confirm that its a real s4 View attachment 83904
tente instalar o Google translator em um dispositivo com android acima de 4.1 ele le a imagem da foto e traduz para seu idioma.
http://tecnoblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/google-translate-imagens-600x337.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lala2324