T-Mobile LG G2: Update Issues

GypsyAngel

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I am not amused.

I "upgraded" to the new kitkat and its been nothing but one headache after the other. Extra spaces in the middle of words was my least favorite.. but now i have a new problem.. i wonder if anyone here can help.

When i have an incoming call, my entire screen used to be filled with a display. NOW i have a black screen with a little box up at the top. In the little box is the caller id info, and 2 buttons, green to swipe to answer, red to swipe to decline.

The photo for my contact no longer appears, and there is no option to decline with text message.

Once i take the call, the little box stays there with one option: hang up. No mute, nothing. Just hang up.

OCCASIONALLY, i can tap the bottom of the screen and get to home, but then im stuck there, and if i try to talk, the phone goes nuts opening random programs from my face being next to the display.

PLEASE HELP. Im out of the exchange window, so im stuck with this phone and frankly im very unhappy about that.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Many thanks,
GypsyAngel

Last edited by a moderator:

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: G2 Update Issues

I am not amused.

I "upgraded" to the new kitkat and its been nothing but one headache after the other. Extra spaces in the middle of words was my least favorite.. but now i have a new problem.. i wonder if anyone here can help.

When i have an incoming call, my entire screen used to be filled with a display. NOW i have a black screen with a little box up at the top. In the little box is the caller id info, and 2 buttons, green to swipe to answer, red to swipe to decline.

The photo for my contact no longer appears, and there is no option to decline with text message.

Once i take the call, the little box stays there with one option: hang up. No mute, nothing. Just hang up.

OCCASIONALLY, i can tap the bottom of the screen and get to home, but then im stuck there, and if i try to talk, the phone goes nuts opening random programs from my face being next to the display.

PLEASE HELP. Im out of the exchange window, so im stuck with this phone and frankly im very unhappy about that.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Many thanks,
GypsyAngel

Have you tried contacting T-Mobile, going to a store or calling 611, for you issues?

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: G2 Update Issues

No, i researched online first, and finding no answers, came here. Isnt that why the forums are here?

You can try doing a factory reset...if that doesn't help then a trip to T-Mobile might be helpful.

Posted via Android Central App on LG G2

shugga82

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I've been getting the space between letters as I type myself...jelly bean was great kit kat not so good..too many issues

Posted via Android Central App

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I believe the little black box appears when you are in another app. For example, if I am browsing the Web, and a call comes in, the little black box allows me the option to accept the call or decline it. If I'm not in an app, or just carrying the phone in my pocket and a call comes in, the screen is full with the caller's info, the option to answer, decline with a text message, etc.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hooded88