T-Mobile S6 Lock Screen bug with New messages?

Andres Pena2

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
First off I want to point out that this bug seems to be related only to T-Mobile S6's. I haven't seen this behavior on any other S6 other than multiple T-Mobile S6's.

So I have my lock screen set to lock automatically within 2 minutes, and to not lock instantly with the power key, with fingerprint security. Normally, within those two minutes, on any other S6 if you receive a text, the phone will turn on and give you a new message notification on a lock screen set to "swipe" to unlock; no fingerprint needed.

However, on the T-Mobile S6, if you receive a text within that 2 minute window, the phone will unlock itself to whatever screen you had locked it on. The phone will completely bypass the lock screen from standby, and display a new message notification on whatever screen it was last on. This is incredibly frustrating as sometimes I respond to a text, put my phone in my pocket and sometimes ignore new messages. And if those messages get to me within 2 minutes, I often end up pocket dialing them if I chose to ignore my phone. While I know that seems like an odd and specific scenario, its pretty common for me at work, and is the reason why every other Samsung S6 defaults to a "swipe" type lock screen to prevent that from happening.

I work a a major electronics department store, in the mobile department. Although we do not offer T-Mobile phones, I personally have a T-Mobile S6. I have never seen an AT&T or VZW S6 do this.

Any other T-Mobile S6 users noticed this?

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I also have a T Mobile S6, but I have not run into this problem. Sorry I can't help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
"So I have my lock screen set to lock automatically within 2 minutes"

Ok, you have the phone set to lock at 2 min after screen inactivity (goes black) What is your screen inactivity time set to? If you have it set to 30sec that means your phone won't lock till 2:30 after you sit the phone down.

" if you receive a text within that 2 minute window, the phone will unlock itself to whatever screen you had locked it on."

The phone did not unlock itself because the phone never locked before the text msgs came in.