Tablet screen freezes with pop-up box saying that Gmail (or Google Chrome) isn't responding

dj54321

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I've got a 2.5 year old Lenovo m8 tablet with Android 10. My app usage is very basic (VPN, etc), and extremely consistent. I usually have approx 8 Google Chrome windows open.

When I'm using Gmail or Google Chrome, the screen often freezes. 30 seconds later a box appears in the middle of the screen saying:

_________
Gmail (or Google Chrome) isn't responding

X Close app

O Wait

∆ Send feedback

Once I click on "Close app" or "Wait" the screen unfreezes. But it's annoying none-the-less.

This used to occur approx once a week. Now it occurs approx 10 times a day. I'm pretty sure I cannot update my tablet to a more recent version of Android.

Do I need to buy a new tablet with a newer Android version?

Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already tried clearing the app cache and data for either of those apps in Settings>Apps? This kind of issue is usually due to some bit of wonky data.

dj54321

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
Mustang.. ok, I just went back and force stopped the Gmail and Chrome apps, then clicked on "open". (I didn't clear cache and data a second time. Please let me know if I should have.) I'll let you know if screen no longer freezes.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mustang.. ok, I just went back and force stopped the Gmail and Chrome apps, then clicked on "open". (I didn't clear cache and data a second time. Please let me know if I should have.) I'll let you know if screen no longer freezes.
I prefer you do the app data then force stop but let's see after the Force stop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz