Tablets fail to start and many errors

Thomas Croonen

May 27, 2021
Visit site
We've bought 8 Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 tablets to distribute to our shops for recording our stock levels.

After enrolling them in our Intune and deploying some apps to the tablet (Teamviewer Quicksupport, Google Chrome (managed) and 6 web shortcuts) all the tablets seem to have 2 problems at random intervals.

1) Sometimes when I take a tablet it seems to be shutdown, even though the battery is not empty. When I press the power button I see the Samsung logo very faintly and very briefly but it disappears and then nothing happens, no matter how many times I try.
The only way to fix this is to reset the tablet (power button & volume down for a few seconds). How do I prevent this from happening?

2) Sometimes when I want to start one of my deployed web apps I get a bunch of errors on the bottom: co.g.App keeps stopping, com.google.android.app keeps stopping, Bluetooth keeps stopping, com.google.enterprise.w... keeps stopping, Samsung keyboard keeps stopping...
For this I can also temporarily fix the problem by resetting the tablet as above, but this is not a permanent fix.

This is my first experience with Android tablets and it's not a positive one to say the least.

What is causing this and how can I fix it for good?

Thanks in advance!

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Perform factory resets, not soft resets on all of the ones that are acting up. As part of the process however, you should take one of them and slowly set it up, testing how it goes after each installation and enrolment. If it was one or two apps causing it, this would be a way to weed it out.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's also possible that the devices don't play well with the MDM software you're using. Do you use that MDM software on phones as well? If so, have you noticed any bugginess with Android phones (specifically Samsung ones)? Samsung throws so much of its own preinstalled apps and services on their devices that I would wonder if one of them is causing issues -- especially Knox, their own security platform.