tapping the Google mic doesn't have sound effect anymore?

BigDawg1968

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem. I just deleted the Chrome icon with the rainbow colors and "whammo", the microphone sound is back. Reading this forum has helped a lot. Thanks!

Oct 26, 2017
Visit site
Guys I have a redmi note 4 and I had the same issue. I followed a guys advice on this forum. I went to settings, then accessibility, then since I didn't find any lookout option I just switched on and off TalkBack and switched on the tenor keyboard ( I don't think this was the reason though) but whatever I did it worked lol.

MichaelRS

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung note 4 and have the same problem. I just finished reading the whole thread here and found out one of the things that worked was going into settings, accessability, lookout to on. I did get the sound back

YES!
That worked for my LG G4.
Thank you!

spencer1316

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
To fix this, go to settings > accessibility > and turn on anything. You need at least 1 of these settings turned on. I turned on my clean master service, but any of them will do and once you close your settings, your ding will be back!

Joey P2

Dec 3, 2018
Visit site
when tapping on the Google mic or saying OK Google the mic used to make a little sound effect.... now it doesn't do that anymore and I don't know why... was that an update? it only vibrates now its driving me crazy :/

I had the same issue, Google just updated yesterday. I uninstalled (to the previous version) now it works again. None of the other solutions worked. Galaxy S5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell