Tell me about this phone.

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping to be coming over from a Droid Razr MAXX. Yes, coming from that phone to this phone. My second one broke since I upgraded back in March because it just can't survive my daily routines apparently.

Anyways, I want to know how the battery life is. I'm not expecting it to be on par with the Maxx, but what would I expect from it as I am a moderate user, sometimes heavy.

Durability. My first maxx did not survive a 3 foot fall of my night stand. Will this phone survive that? This second one, the screen just cracked out of nowhere. No dropping, no pounding. I set it down when it was working fine, came back to it, screen cracked and no visuals.

One more thing, ICS. From what I have read it seems like it will come out around the same time as the Razr, next week? Any truth to that?

Thanks for the speedy replies and hope to join your family in the next few days :).

P.S. This was my first choice before I saw the Maxx. I basically know the specs this phone has so I somewhat know what to expect from it.

blackbyrd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
This phone is awesome, aside from battery life.
To your question about ICS... Hell, if anyone here can answer that with any preciseness, I want them to come to A.C. (atlantic city, not android central) with me, give me the results on the NBA finals (stanley cup is pretty much a wrap already) & tell me when Jesus is going to return!

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Well the battery life will be a disappointment compared to the maxx. A huge let down in fact. Depending if your running stock or not will have a effect too. Either way just keep a charger handy. The screen is pushing a lot more sub pixels, and so therefore you've got to pay to play.

It's a heavy phone, so I don't know how it will do if you drop it. I've never dropped mine.

I've owned both phones, and I have a Rezound now. I feel the build quality on both are equal. The only two strong points of the maxx I feel are battery life, and durability. Everything else the Rezound will beat it at.

Good luck

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping to be coming over from a Droid Razr MAXX. Yes, coming from that phone to this phone. My second one broke since I upgraded back in March because it just can't survive my daily routines apparently.

Anyways, I want to know how the battery life is. I'm not expecting it to be on par with the Maxx, but what would I expect from it as I am a moderate user, sometimes heavy.

Durability. My first maxx did not survive a 3 foot fall of my night stand. Will this phone survive that? This second one, the screen just cracked out of nowhere. No dropping, no pounding. I set it down when it was working fine, came back to it, screen cracked and no visuals.

One more thing, ICS. From what I have read it seems like it will come out around the same time as the Razr, next week? Any truth to that?

Thanks for the speedy replies and hope to join your family in the next few days :).

P.S. This was my first choice before I saw the Maxx. I basically know the specs this phone has so I somewhat know what to expect from it.

I recently switched from a Rezound to the Maxx (still have the Rez, though) so I'll take a stab at your questions.
For durability, I'd say the Rezound is more inclined to take a lickin' and still function, but only because it's brick shaped lol. But as its been said before, a fall on just the right angle with just the right drop distance can destroy a phone, regardless of how durable you think it may be.
ICS is expected for both the Razr and Rez in Q2, which ends at the end of June. So while a normal person would interpret this as "well, it should be out in 3 weeks", us Verizon customers know this could damn well mean sometime this year.
Most importantly, battery life. Doesn't compare. On a regular work day, my Rezound would come home limping at 20% with moderate use on 4G. On average, I'd say about 12-14 hours of moderate use if you conserve battery as best as you can. With the Maxx, as you already know, you're getting about 2 days of moderate use on a single charge.

I enjoy the Maxx for what it offers, and as my first S-Amoled phone, I can appreciate the screen as well. However, I do miss the Rezound's screen (clearly superior), screen capture feature, camera, Beats, etc. At the end of the day though, I feel liberated not having to be tethered to my USB port or wall outlet. I no longer feel like a daredevil by leaving my charger at home when I go to work.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought the OEM extended battery, back and case from VZ. I just took a 5 day trip and had no problems making it though 16 hours of moderate use with 40% (+/-) battery left. Since these use standard micro-USB chargers, and I have plenty around car, work, home I never have and issue. If needed I can borrow one from someone at the local pub.

I've dropped my phone a couple of times (usually at the pub, LOL) with no problems. The screen, without a cover still looks brand new when I clean it.

The camera and hi resolution display for me is why this phone is the best, IMO. I have no intention of going with ICS, don't really see a reason. I'm rooted with custom rom (Scotts CleanROM 1.7 GBE). Everything works perfectly and when trying out ICS, while it was pretty nice, didn't convince me I needed it. Will stay as is until next upgrade then think again about ICS. But I do plan on staying with HTC unless somebody comes out with something that blows me away.

Hoping that HTC will come out with a Galaxy-Note type of phone, because I could and probably would dump my Android tablet. That size would be perfect to combine phone and tab together, for me.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
The stock battery will probably leave you frustrated after having the Maxx. I have the OEM extended battery and Case / Holster combo from VZW. With the extended battery I see 22+ hours with moderate use, and usually still have +/-20% left. With that being said, the extended battery adds a good bit to the bulk. Doesn't bother me one bit, but could annoy you?

I've dropped mine a couple times from about hip height onto concrete. Works perfect and the case saved me from any real noticeable damage. I've dropped it a few other times from less than hip height, even on it's face, and no problems. Seems real durable to me.

As far as ICS. Don't expect it any time soon, that way you'll either be pleasantly surprised or less disappointed.

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm still debating what to do. I was told by a VZW rep to do some research on the MAXX screen cracking (well the LCD under the Gorilla glass.) Seems like a lot of people are having that issue where the under screen cracks, not the glass, from using it normally. Basically he told me to bring it up to Motorola, bring up all the stories of it happening to other people, and hope for a warranty coverage. Its like the phone can't handle being in a pocket it seems.

Yes, the lesser amount of juice would probably erk me. I'm using an LG Vortex right now and the phone has just been using battery and I haven't really touched it minus a couple phone calls and texts. I can adjust again back the ole days of carrying a charger ( I have multiples so its ok ) if this is what my decision is and if it is allowed. Thanks for all the input.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
This phone is awesome, aside from battery life.
To your question about ICS... Hell, if anyone here can answer that with any preciseness, I want them to come to A.C. (atlantic city, not android central) with me, give me the results on the NBA finals (stanley cup is pretty much a wrap already) & tell me when Jesus is going to return!

The 21st for ICS
OKC
myth

Now that my snark is out of the way, I love the phone and the only reason I even think about jumping is the "losing unlimited data" issue we all face. I cannot compare and contrast the two phones because I never used a Maxx, but you will be happy with everything but the battery

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This phone:

1. is better than a Skittle-pooping unicorn flying over a rainbow.

2. will make you more attractive to the opposite (or same) sex as needed.

3. is a damn good phone that Verizon mysteriously decided to un-hype... thereby sealing its fate as VZW's red-headed stepchild.

blackbyrd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The 21st for ICS
OKC
myth

Now that my snark is out of the way, I love the phone and the only reason I even think about jumping is the "losing unlimited data" issue we all face. I cannot compare and contrast the two phones because I never used a Maxx, but you will be happy with everything but the battery

so if the first two responses pan out, when are we going to AC? Response 3: There sure is a lot of historical truth for it to be a myth! Hey, if I'm wrong, which I'm pretty confidant I'm not, I just go in the dirt. If you're wrong, Where do you go???????????? I still say rezound over maxx if you've got a handle on power managment.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
History is written by the victor.

I am ready whenever.

I too think that the maxx is good, but not quite the rezound. But I also said I never really played with one either

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Simply put, the Rezound & RAZR MAXX are the two best Android smartphones on VZW for the moment. The Rezound has the edge with it's screen & camera software while the MAXX is clearly the battery-life champion among LTE smartphones thanks to it's
3300mAh battery.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Two things no one ever talks about it the native screen shot feature and the fact that it can use data in 3g while talking to someone. Its the only phone that can of this generation I believe.

Other than that it's basically the most solid phone you can find. And that really is the best way to describe it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Redheads are cool! I am a natural. I have the thunderbolt and if I was able to upgrade I would get the rezound. I love HTC and this one is awesome. I have played with it. Sweet!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear