TF Battery vs Dock Battery

roman08225

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
got a TF a week ago with a dock B70.

I also have iPad (original) that thing has like 30 days stand by if you are not using it.
TF has been charged all the way + dock charged all the way...with out using them battery dies in like 2 days. (yes i have save power clicked for dock and it works fine no issues like B50 and B60 had) Does it not last as long as iPad if its not used?

Is there way to tell how much battery Dock and How much battery TF has? it seems to be showing total % but how do i know which one has how much battery power???

thanks

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
got a TF a week ago with a dock B70.

I also have iPad (original) that thing has like 30 days stand by if you are not using it.
TF has been charged all the way + dock charged all the way...with out using them battery dies in like 2 days. (yes i have save power clicked for dock and it works fine no issues like B50 and B60 had) Does it not last as long as iPad if its not used?

Is there way to tell how much battery Dock and How much battery TF has? it seems to be showing total % but how do i know which one has how much battery power???

thanks

Mine lasts a long time on standby. I estimate it uses 2%/day.

My guess is you have something that is preventing your tf from going into deep sleep. I would check your battery usage and see what it is doing when it should be asleep.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Yea 2 days is to short, I have a B50 dock and I took it on a 3 day weekend without it needing a charge at all during the trip. Some app must be running and preventing it from sleeping.

atomicfox

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there an easy way to target what app might be preventing the tablet from sleeping? I've looked at my battery status and see activity and wifi usage when the screen is off. I've uninstalled a few recent apps as I felt like this was a new issue but I too am only having the tablet last about two days on standby.

This is while not docked.

roman08225

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
i noticed that turning off Skype helps, but i can hear in a middle of the night email coming in when it should be off, which is cool but i rather have the battery and see all the emails in the morning

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there an easy way to target what app might be preventing the tablet from sleeping? I've looked at my battery status and see activity and wifi usage when the screen is off. I've uninstalled a few recent apps as I felt like this was a new issue but I too am only having the tablet last about two days on standby.

This is while not docked.

I do not know of one, but if you find one please let me know. :)

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine can get 2 days usually. I use mine like a mofo though (completely replaced my macbook). What I thinks mine quickly though is tweetcaster (which is fine, i like the app too much). The more things syncing via push notifications, the less battery life you will have on "standby" My gf likes to brag about her ipad lasting longer, but she doesn't have anything being pushed to it. Also, unlike the iPad, if it sleeps, it stays connected to the wifi while in range. The ipad doesn't. It would be really annoying for me at work since I have to login everytime I drop a connection on the wifi, which I don't do in the asus, that I would if I used an iPad.

thecavemankevin

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to monitor what's going on with mine the past few week and I don't think the drain has anything to do with the doc. I can charge both up to 100%. If i leave it on, but asleep over night the dock battery will be near drained in the morning. However, if i repeat this, but disconnect the doc, the tablet will have a low battery in the morning and the doc will be fully charged.

So i think there must be an app or a few that are eating the tablet battery when asleep. Is there a way to tweak the sleep settings? I've poked through the settings, but haven't found any advanced power settings.

TerryD

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just returned both dock and tablet for the second time for service due to battery drain. When you hit the power button to put it to sleep, try tapping different keys. Both the shift and the track pad woke mine up. Other keys or multiple tries may also wake it, but none should. I guess it was never asleep after all. Sounds like it is fixable, but time will tell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlantisx