TF201 will not boot OS

Witz01

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
A few months back I finally decided to root a tf201 and I found good instructions and followed them well and everything unlocked and installed and ran ok. I went with a rather complex install as a wanted to try a cm11 nightly, but everything went according to the instructions and ran ok for a few months. The other day the tf201 suddenly stopped booting the OS and just loops to the initial startup screen with the Device Unlocked notice and I have no idea why. I tried fixing permissions, wiping dalvik, cache etc. finally I backed up the non-booting system for good measure and started wiping everything but the data partition and tried reinstalling everything. I've tried repeatedly now. and it will not boot the OS. It comes up says Unlocked and then after a while reboots. Going into recovery gives a key driver missing error which I understand is normal. Recovery seems to work fine. Trying to force Cold boot from menu fails the same way. The only thing I know that changed was the loss of an microSD card. I have all the NVFlash backups etc. if they are needed.
I have have searched and I can not seem to find anything very similar to this problem. I am uncertain how to troubleshoot this issue at this point any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Note: unfortunately I may be in an internet deadzone in the next few days so responses may be slow.
Thanks.

Recovery: TWRP-TF300T-2_8_1_0

Witz01

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I figured it out. I have a few android devices and I was having trouble finding the right bookmarks and history to the guides I followed to flash all the mods I made before. I had issues with getting ROM's to verify at first, then none of the other ROM's would boot either. So I went back in to TWRP to make sure I wiped the whole thing. Data had wiped OK, but when I tried to wipe Internal Storage it failed. I tried to repair FS and data repaired, but Internal storage failed. But, the second attempts at repair and wipe on the partition structure finally all succeeded. I think its safe to bet the very beta nature of the software I was trying probably corrupted the user data partition structure somehow. I think I'll just stick to some more stable versions for a while. I just wish I was a decent programmer as I would love to see some more stable newer android versions on the tf201 including Lollipop, but I know enough to know it can't be easy to do. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear