The accurate way to root this phone?

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I had noticed some topics covering on how to root the Prevail. Can a moderator or someone please tell me why there is a link for one click root when in my opinion it has caused some damage to my phone? Or maybe it is my negligence but after soft bricking my phone, I have come to the conclusion that the one click root has damaged my phone. So I would like to know what is the most accurate & surefire way to root that way myself & other newbies to this phone won't be standing in line or waiting by the mailbox for a replacement phone. I would also like to point out that I am not new to rooting phones, i am just not used to rooting this phone. i have successfully rooted my optimus s phone with no issues as much as I had with this prevail. May I add is when I watched a youtube video on how to root this phone from froyo to gingerbread, why did this guy state that you must do a factory reset in order for google to recognize your account? Guess I will once again read the root for dummies guide to get familar with this phone for I intend to try again. Thanks in advance!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I had noticed some topics covering on how to root the Prevail. Can a moderator or someone please tell me why there is a link for one click root when in my opinion it has caused some damage to my phone? Or maybe it is my negligence but after soft bricking my phone, I have come to the conclusion that the one click root has damaged my phone. So I would like to know what is the most accurate & surefire way to root that way myself & other newbies to this phone won't be standing in line or waiting by the mailbox for a replacement phone. I would also like to point out that I am not new to rooting phones, i am just not used to rooting this phone. i have successfully rooted my optimus s phone with no issues as much as I had with this prevail. May I add is when I watched a youtube video on how to root this phone from froyo to gingerbread, why did this guy state that you must do a factory reset in order for google to recognize your account? Guess I will once again read the root for dummies guide to get familar with this phone for I intend to try again. Thanks in advance!

what root method did you use??

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
As i said i used the one click root which was made i believe by someone at the phandroid forums, also used odin as well

Yeah please be more elaborate and give links. There are tons of "one click root" methods. Tons of odin usages.

What was the process you used from start to finish?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah please be more elaborate and give links. There are tons of "one click root" methods. Tons of odin usages.

What was the process you used from start to finish?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Thanks anyway I'm already rooted since Saturday, I knew what I did wrong which is to never ever do a factory reset while rooted... disregard this thread since it's already solved!

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hooded88