The adventures of softlock!

svzuki

May 14, 2010
Visit site
So I am not a noob to rooting. I have rooted my old Eris and my wife's TB. I began rooting the Bionic. I followed the push button root and all was good. I then began the process of updated to a new ROM. Installed the bootstrap app. Wiped Data, Cache just fine. Wiped Dalvic and formated/system. After the format the power button would no longer select anything. It would hide the list of possible selections in boot. Not able to reboot from the boot or do anything for that matter, I did a battery pull.

Now the phone will only stay on the Motorola screen. It won't move from there. When holding vol down and the power button it sends me to a fast boot screen where there are no selections. It reads Battery OK, OK to program, plug in USB.

I plug in the USB cable to my computer and the computer won't recognize it...Not sure what to do now...Any help?

Last edited:

Jkoldha

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

svzuki

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Phone Bricked?

Thanks. I found those pages at XDA last night before going to bed. My battery was too low to reflash in the quickboot screen.

I plugged it in all last night, the motorola screen stayed lit and when trying to flash this morning the phone said the battery was still low. I am thinking that the screen blasting all night is killing the battery while trying to charge it.

I don't have a battery dock to charge it out of the phone so I am not sure how you can actually get these batteries charged if the screen comes on and stays on anytime it is plugged into a charger..??

idefiler6

Banned
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
If you're not on stock Moto chances are you can't charge it. There's a couple options here.

1. Find a friend who has one, and borrow his battery while you charge yours in his phone.
2. Buy a dock- expensive, like $60 bucks.
3. RISKY Take it to a store and ask them to charge the battery for you....I wouldn't recommend.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Mendelli