The backflip doesnt have an LED notification?!

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
WTF? Aren't we in the year 2010?

I don't want to have to turn on my phone's screen to see if I have a notification when a very tiny LED could have made all the difference in the world.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Sad thing is, the micro USB plug glows green when the phone is charging, and blinks when it's low on battery. It would be amazing if somehow this could be used as a notification indicator.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Sad thing is, the micro USB plug glows green when the phone is charging, and blinks when it's low on battery. It would be amazing if somehow this could be used as a notification indicator.

That would actually be awesome.. i wonder if a dev can tap into the API for this?

chya

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
In the update test released today the LED can be used for notifications. Its in the setting menu.
(with 2.1 the phone is running alot better.)

J_HaX

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
umm guys.... it DOES act as a notification led with ALL ROMs and updates, just go to setting/sound and display and check LED notification! (this was the 1st thing i found when i bought it!)

xdunlapx

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Where is the LED located? I know there is one on the charging port but that really can't be the only LED. I have the LED notifications enabled but have yet to see any blinking of any kind.

J_HaX

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Where is the LED located? I know there is one on the charging port but that really can't be the only LED. I have the LED notifications enabled but have yet to see any blinking of any kind.

thats strange.. its definatly the only one and mine blinks for msgs txts missed calls..ect.. and another thing you may notice some launchers and sms apps offer to change the LED color... doesnt work the backflip only works green

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582