The, Is it Blue or is it Purple Debate?

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Now we are seeing more Pebble Blue phones getting sent out, what color is it?

I've seen a couple people say it looks nothing like pictures and is clearly blue...? I've also seen people say it's just the lighting and it's blue, but has a purple hue when the lighting hits just so and I've seen a few unhappy people saying they didn't order a purple phone.

What color is it?

I pre ordered blue, but if it's truly purple, I still have time to cancel my pre order and go with the white. Blue is a great color, purple... um... not so much.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who is that concerned over what shade of blue or "purple" the phone is should have just waited to see it in the store and save themselves all the agonizing.

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who is that concerned over what shade of blue or "purple" the phone is should have just waited to see it in the store and save themselves all the agonizing.

I would have done that had my carrier not announced that we wouldn't be able to keep unlimited data if we waited until it was in store.

Trust me, I'm not a fan of buying a product I haven't even seen yet.

Reactions: socalcollins

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I would have done that had my carrier not announced that we wouldn't be able to keep unlimited data if we waited until it was in store.

Trust me, I'm not a fan of buying a product I haven't even seen yet.
Agreed. I'm in the same situation. I've never purchased sight unseen either. I've learned over the years never to trust the colors I see on my PC Monitor. I trust Samsung not to manufacture their flagship phone in an ugly color (especially when there are only two to choose from). Maybe I'm just being optimistic but....

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I think when Samsung went with the "nature" thing, they meant it. So, like no two pebbles are alike, no two blue S3s will be either :)

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
The amount of time people spend complaining and debating about the shade of a certain color in different lighting is getting ridiculous. Sounds like a bunch of Apple users wondering if they should get the white one or not.

Considering most people will have a case anyway, the blue is the safe bet. Go with white, and you've got that bright face glaring at you all the time, whereas anything dark will just blend in.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I have them in both colors. (two ladies in my house, wife and daughter went with white, I went with blue).

Both colors look really good. But I really like my blue one. It is really hard to describe and something you have to see in person because it really does change color depending on how the light hits it. From kind of a slate grey, to blue, and yes under some light you can see a slight purple tint (but it don't look purple).

I will say the home button does appear to be a diffrent color than the rest of the phone. Like it is a lighter shade. But it really isn't.
It is the same color, but looks diffrent because the rest of the front is under glass and it isn't.

Reactions: Bbeelzebub

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
It's blue no matter what the lighting conditions are. No idea how people might see purple on it.

In my country only the blue one is available. I guess they'll introduce the white one when sales slow down.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I have them in both colors. (two ladies in my house, wife and daughter went with white, I went with blue).

Both colors look really good. But I really like my blue one. It is really hard to describe and something you have to see in person because it really does change color depending on how the light hits it. From kind of a slate grey, to blue, and yes under some light you can see a slight purple tint (but it don't look purple).

I will say the home button does appear to be a diffrent color than the rest of the phone. Like it is a lighter shade. But it really isn't.
It is the same color, but looks diffrent because the rest of the front is under glass and it isn't.
so you're saying its grlurple

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon, so in a few weeks I'll see what color "pebble blue" truly is. But it's not like I'm really going to care... It's not white, it's not black, and I'm putting a case on it.

keoommen

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Sprint Pebble Blue yesterday. Gorgeous! I agree with Lorak; it's almost a slate blue... nothing like the light/"pee wee's playhouse" blue in all of the pre-lease pics.

The color is subtle, too. If you didn't know the color options, you'd think you were looking at dark (not black) metal.

Reactions: Bbeelzebub

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac