The Note7 with 6GB of memory might actually be real...for China

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: 6GB of RAM - 128GB of Internal Memory...China Only???

I don't live in China so I give 2 sticks if they released those specs in China... I'm going to enjoy the phone I'm about to receive and not worry about would of, could of, should of's....

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

I've always enjoyed internal memory compared to an SD card but I love having both options in one device. I've used iPhones for years and I love having less issues with internal memory compared to SD cards plus I can store everything on my phone making it faster to access the data. Plus for the price of flagship phones I would want 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal memory if that option is available.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

You're right its not a deal breaker and I will still love my Onyx Black Note 7 when I get it (next week I hope) but it would suck for me at least to know a higher end version was released and I couldn't get it even when I have to the money...

Still going to be an amazing phone either way! I played with one at Best Buy and I was shocked at how fast it worked even with the heavy store demo software loaded up.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site

Doesn't look any more dependable than rumors that disappointed us about the US version. I'm already jealous they get Exynos processor though.

I agree to that that's my biggest gripe with this whole situation is why would they go with the Snapdragon 820 and said of the exynos chip

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I agree to that that's my biggest gripe with this whole situation is why would they go with the Snapdragon 820 and said of the exynos chip

I think the Chinese S7 got an 820 too, so the Note7 in China might have one too?

It's to do with CDMA.

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
6gb RAM confirmed for China only.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage space confirmed

I know I'm going to get hammered for this but this almost makes me want to cancel my order.

I don't care about the 128gb storage. SD card is fine. I do care that that extra 2gb of RAM probably costs Samsung $10-20, yet they took the Apple approach and tried to squeeze as much profit as possible from the rest of the world.

They could have done it for the rest of the world but chose not to for the simple fact of wanting more profit.

Honestly, they are absolutely wasting their time in China. Domestic manufacturers will always lead, and even grow, there. Samsung is fighting a losing battle while sorta shafting those of us that actually want to support them.

Yeah, yeah, let me have it. It's not spec whoredom, it's just better for being productive. More RAM is better. Those of you that rail me won't be saying 6gb is too much next year, so stop defending Samsung and validating your purchase with 4gb of RAM.

$900 for this phone and they give the most impossible market on the planet "more" just because they want to compete. Absolutely insane.

Let the hate flow.

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: 6gb RAM confirmed for China only.

No, you misunderstand. I want to cancel on principle, not import a Chinese version.

IHS bill of materials shows the S7's 4gb of RAM coats $25. I know RAM doesn't scale properly, so let's assume it costs $50 for the 6gb module. Hey Samsung, I'd respect you more and upgrade more often if you would just give us the amazing hardware we desire. You're giving it to China. Pleasue explain why we aren't good enough for it...

I have just over $900 in my pre-order (full retail). I've been screwed by Apple for years, which is part of the reason I'm going back to Android. Then I see this. Pisses me off. We all know they could have shipped this thing with 6gb. Now it's confirmed, yet we will not get an explanation. You'd think they would have learnt not to **** their customers off, like they did with last year's devices.

If the Chinese would make a water resistant phone with stylus support, I'd buy it. Probably just a matter of time. The days of 1k phones are coming to an end. If the Xiaomi Mi5 was water resistant, I'd be on that. Samsung, are you reading this?

http://press.ihs.com/press-release/technology/samsung-galaxy-s7-teardown-reveals-ho-hum-refresh-0

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

No, you misunderstand. I want to cancel on principle, not import a Chinese version.

IHS bill of materials shows the S7's 4gb of RAM coats $25. I know RAM doesn't scale properly, so let's assume it costs $50 for the 6gb module. Hey Samsung, I'd respect you more and upgrade more often if you would just give us the amazing hardware we desire. You're giving it to China. Pleasue explain why we aren't good enough for it...

I have just over $900 in my pre-order (full retail). I've been screwed by Apple for years, which is part of the reason I'm going back to Android. Then I see this. Pisses me off. We all know they could have shipped this thing with 6gb. Now it's confirmed, yet we will not get an explanation. You'd think they would have learnt not to **** their customers off, like they did with last year's devices.

If the Chinese would make a water resistant phone with stylus support, I'd buy it. Probably just a matter of time. The days of 1k phones are coming to an end. If the Xiaomi Mi5 was water resistant, I'd be on that. Samsung, are you reading this?

http://press.ihs.com/press-release/technology/samsung-galaxy-s7-teardown-reveals-ho-hum-refresh-0

**** off their customers? Except 99.9 percent of their customers are fine with 4gb of RAM.

Erick47

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

The only phone I remember with 6GB of ram is the one plus 3 and it originally didn't use all 6 due to "saving on battery life" so it was limited to like, 3 gb or something. Then an update raised it to 5 or so. Still not the full 6. What's the point then? If it uses more battery to where it's limited on a one plus 3, I'm sure it would be limited on the note 7 as well. Samsung probably realized that the VERY small amount of people that even know the benefits of 6gb of ram over 4gb aren't going to be their main sale. Samsung is going the apple route in terms of trying to make profit since (from what I remember) 2 years ago, they lost a bit of money. Honestly, I wouldn't mind 6gb of ram but I'm not going out of my way to demand it either. My s7 has 4gb and I don't have any problems.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Samsung Galaxy S7 Teardown Reveals Ho-Hum Refresh | IHS Online Newsroom

Yeah, i understand where you are coming from. But if you think about it, (hopefully this makes you feel better) when ever you purchase a product, after a year or less, there is something better out there. Instead of looking at whats better, just enjoy the beautiful device you have purchased now and in 1 - 5 years time, when you purchase another device, it will have the 6GB of RAM you wanted originally or more! ^_^

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

The average person could care less. And the op3 ran like crappie on 6 gigs and sucks battery like nobodies business so they can have that phone. My n5 and gs7edge run like crazy and the n7 will be just fine with 4 gigs. But if you most have the 6 gigs n7 it'll be available on amazon for $1100 I'm sure no thanks

Posted via my note 5 are gs7 edge

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Usually China gets the scaled down version. They had a Note 5 or Note 4 like with 16 gb memory.

Sometimes we are the bug and sometimes we are the windshield.

If 4 gb of RAM works for you, then not a problem.