The official bloggers review thread.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Just finished watching an it was a good review to me. I am definitely picking this up. I don't expect any technology to be perfect. However knowing some issues upfront makes it easier to deal with and avoid if possible. I will be getting the case with kickstand, 32GB card, spare chargers/cradle and protectors.

Hamboane

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Dude dont read into it so much...its the same phone with several enhancements. If you want it, get it...if you have doubts, dont!!! Of course reviews are going to be biased, but its not like you're buying a house on a 30 year mortgage. I dont understand people, just like you say...you want a killer phone with great battery life; its not going to happen anytime soon. You basically want a computer that you can use as a phone, but never have to charge it...how long does your laptop battery last? If you want a phone that you dont have to charge for a few days, get a regular phone and nothing that says smart in front of it.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
How fun was this one! She said excellent signal strength and call quality and "autrocious" battery life. Well apparently she left 4G on all day....

Really strange to get all those contradicting statements. Almost seems like everyone just rushed their review together to be the first and never had a chance to really test their phone out. Either that or there are really some bad apples in the basket...no pun intended.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Hearing that 4g reception is worse is pretty much the final straw of a deal-killer for me.

I wouldn't base my buying decision on reviews telling you how their experience with 4G was. We all know that WiMax isn't very good at Penetration buildings, hopefully that will get better when they switch to lte. Also, for the most part I think the only time when it is necessary to use 4G is to stream video, normal web browsing doesn't feel that much faster, besides if you want to have a chance on making it through the day, you enter not leave 4G on the entire time. These were all things we knew about already, so I am surprised how one remark from one reviewer would cause you to not want the phone anymore, when other reviewers said it was blazing fast on 4G and that it connects faster than the evo 4G did. You have 30 days to return it after all.

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
As I was reading thorugh that I sensed (LOL no pun intended) a feeling of Dejavu.

That is the same write up as Laptop magaziene and one of the better reviews of the unit I thought.

Still waiting for AC review as I think Phil will really go into detail and not let us down...he has already mentioned not to take benchmarks into consideration at this time.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Lol glad I wasn't the only one. I was thinking about it after I posted and then I thought crap this is old..... Now it has changed to Evo 3D vs Optimus 3D

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Pixel density is nothing without vibrance and good viewing angles. The EVO 3D looked very dull, and viewing angles were not so good. When we stuck it next to the iPhone 4, it looked horrid. The problem with that for me? I hate the iPhone 4. It's already been reviewed and I have seen it myself. The EVO 3D does not do 1080p in 2D, and the 3D 720p is two frames put together, which in turn will suffer severe banding as a few reviews stated. 3D is a gimmick, plain and simple. Hasn't caught on in the TV world, didn't catch on the 3DS and won't here. The other thing is that the EVO 3D uses the same QHD Pentile Matrix LCD, same as Atrix. Not a fan of that display. AnandTech - The Motorola Atrix 4G Preview

YouTube - ‪Samsung Galaxy S2 vs HTC Sensation vs iPhone 4 Screen Comparison‬‏

Sensation vs iPhone 4 vs GS2. Sensation has same screen as EVO 3D. Just remember guys that QHD is not the display, that is the resolution. The panel is a SLCD on the Sensation/EVO 3D, OLED on the GS2, and IPS LCD on the iPhone 4.
What do Motorola's QHD screen have to do with HTC's? I expect the Photon to have a pentile QHD because it is also Moto and I dont expect them to institute any radical tech changes to their screen at this point. I have never heard anyone, anywhere say that the HTC screen is also pentile like the Atrix, Droid X2, etc. I have spent extensive time with Sensation (more than 6 hours) and I can tell you that if the EVO3D is its equal then we are in good shape. I cant speak for anyone else but I watch my phone head on and not from the sides. I will be getting the 3D and if its not up to standards I will be returning it and try the Photon and the same applies to that phone. I am not particularly enthused about the Galaxy S2's screen because even thought the super saturated colors look nice, the resoultion is still last years tech. Dont tell me about super-plus because all that did was bring the screen up to resolution standard to all of the phones from a year ago.

a dumb cat

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I hear a lot of complaints about how 4G drains the battery. Understanding the limitations of the technology on phones, wouldn't the phone maker implement some sort of "intelligent" 4G activation? Like, turning it on when you're trying to stream a youtube video, but turn it off when doing some light internet browsing, then back on again when downloading some music, and off again when taking a phone call. I know everyone's usage scenario will be different, so additionally implementing some sort of settings app for managing when 4G is turned on/off?

Or is this just not feasible from a software side?

sambao21

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't sure where to post this video I just watched, but this seems like as good a place as any. He seems pretty impressed. Can't wait to get this phone in my hands.

YouTube - ‪Hands on with our techs EVO 3D!‬‏
i liked watching this guys video of the weather animations, not because of the phone but because of the dude (will) in background talking about working overtime with his manager (or whoever).
some funny quotes:

"im over 8 hours already?"
"dude you are killing me"
"so we may need you to work late"
"im good, im not doing anything late. sh!t i'm only doing 6:30, 9:30 - 6:30, its 8 hours."
"i dunno if i can take this crap much longer"

i'd wish the reviewer would stop talking just so i could listen to this conversation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuSrcqDK1rw

Efstratios

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
That reviewer obviously didn't test the camera though because he claims it does 1080p in 2D and it doesn't, which mean she didn't even check and restated specs he read, which are wrong.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I just watched that one too.....that guy is useless.

I am surprised Phandroid and Pocketnow didn't post anything up now. Guess we will see the last flood of big site reviews tomorrow or throughout this week leading up to the launch! It's getting exciting!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz