There was a problem parsing the package

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
I keep on trying to install some software like Wavelet.
I downloaded it from Google Playstore but when I run apk package I get this error message.
I'm on Android 8.1.0 and Ulefone Power 5S which has some weird android system.
I did enable I think all options to install packages from OS,though I can not find option "allow to install from unknown sources" like I can on Samsung phones.
So how to resolve this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned downloading the app from the Play Store and then trying to run the apk -- how exactly are you doing this? Installing an app from the Play Store should be one step. You should not have to locate an apk file and then manually open it.

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Upss sorry I wrote wrong.
I downloaded app from third party website as an apk but was unable to install.
The app is called Wavelet and for some reason with that phone I can not find it over google play.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi.
I keep on trying to install some software like Wavelet.
I downloaded it from Google Playstore but when I run apk package I get this error message.
I'm on Android 8.1.0 and Ulefone Power 5S which has some weird android system.
I did enable I think all options to install packages from OS,though I can not find option "allow to install from unknown sources" like I can on Samsung phones.
So how to resolve this issue?

When you get the "there was a problem parsing the package" error it's almost always because the apk is not compatible with your Android version :-\
If it was a settings problem it would tell you, and link you to the settings you needed to change to allow the installation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23