Think I'm going to keep it.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had V20 for a week now, initially intending to keep it for two weeks then move on to the Pixel XL. However, I find myself falling in love with this device. Just curious if I'm the only one feeling this way.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Took my pixel back yesterday. Used both for a week to compare. I enjoy using the v20 more. Only thing I wish it had was a water waterproof rating, but I can give that up for removable battery.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I never had any real doubt about keeping it and I never had any intention of going Pixel. Google killed it for me because they took everything they were from Nexus and threw it out the window to link up with Verizon. I thought the Nexus 6P was a fine piece of equipment and that they should have continued that line instead of jumping to HTC and building an Iphone clone. The only gain they made going with Verizon for me was supporting a couple of Verizon features but other than that it just isn't for me. I have to have removable storage. A non removable battery I could possibly get by with but I don't want to. The DAC is an added bonus. I like everything about this phone.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I never had any real doubt about keeping it and I never had any intention of going Pixel. Google killed it for me because they took everything they were from Nexus and threw it out the window to link up with Verizon. I thought the Nexus 6P was a fine piece of equipment and that they should have continued that line instead of jumping to HTC and building an Iphone clone. The only gain they made going with Verizon for me was supporting a couple of Verizon features but other than that it just isn't for me. I have to have removable storage. A non removable battery I could possibly get by with but I don't want to. The DAC is an added bonus. I like everything about this phone.
I was torn between the V20 and Pixel XL. I went with the Pixel XL and do not regret it one bit. Pure Android is not for everyone. I think Google nailed it albeit they did leave off a few features most want. I went 32GB and have all the apps I will ever need on it. I have used 9GB of my storage. All photos and videos have unlimited back up to google photos without being compressed or lower resolution. It does not have a removable battery but I am getting 6 hours of SoT. I think both the V20 and Pixel XL are wonderful devices and each person will have a different need out of their device. Honestly do not think one can go wrong with either device. Both are capable of everything users will need in my opinion.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm only on day 2 of mine but just today I find it growing on me. There's things I'm slowly getting used to, things I really like over all my Samsung devices, and things I'm still up in the air about. Time will tell over the next 12 days.

Still don't know if I'm going to keep it, but I feel better about it today than I did last night

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I see the Note 7 fall as a blessing to the LG V20 because not very many would have chosen this phone over it if not for the recall, and now many Note 7 refugees (Yeah I need to patent that phrase lol) are truly appreciating LG's devotion to quality over quantity in their phones. While I do miss a lot of aspects of The Samsung Notes vision of android I'm finding the mindset to appreciate more of LG's vision every day whereas I've known Samsung's vision for so long I've found that I've seen it as the Pinnacle for Android for so long that I've forgotten the vision of android as a whole and fell into the ecosystem that Samsung had become similar to Apple 🍎, Kudos to LG for making such a great phone, they should send Samsung a fruit basket or a wreath for their loss of the Note 7 at the least, next year's phone releases from Samsung and LG are gonna be like the Mayweather Paccio fight I'm pretty sure of that lol 😁.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I see the Note 7 fall as a blessing to the LG V20 because not very many would have chosen this phone over it if not for the recall, and now many Note 7 refugees (Yeah I need to patent that phrase lol) are truly appreciating LG's devotion to quality over quantity in their phones. While I do miss a lot of aspects of The Samsung Notes vision of android I'm finding the mindset to appreciate more of LG's vision every day whereas I've known Samsung's vision for so long I've found that I've seen it as the Pinnacle for Android for so long that I've forgotten the vision of android as a whole and fell into the ecosystem that Samsung had become similar to Apple , Kudos to LG for making such a great phone, they should send Samsung a fruit basket or a wreath for their loss of the Note 7 at the least, next year's phone releases from Samsung and LG are gonna be like the Mayweather Paccio fight I'm pretty sure of that lol .

Well said................

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Got my lg v20 today about 3 hours ago. Lots of running around and now sitting down to dive into it some more. I actually like it a good bit so far. Way too early to say for sure my review on it. But its looking real good so far.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I have no plans to switch as of now. Will wait and see if the Note 8 brings back the removable battery, if not, then I'll be with this till something better happens along.

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Former Nexus 6 (rooted) user here. Went through the original and replacement N7.

Originally intended to go for a Pixel XL. That intention is gone. Smaller screen, no SD card, less internal memory/storage, etc.

Yes, I'm keeping my V20. Clearly, it is the better mousetrap.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I've had V20 for a week now, initially intending to keep it for two weeks then move on to the Pixel XL. However, I find myself falling in love with this device. Just curious if I'm the only one feeling this way.

Same here. Great phone and overall device. I am canceling my pixel xl order.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Nuh uh, the Pixel is obviously better, since the Google commercials clearly show all the people using the iPhone... er Pixel, having an epiphany of rapturous delight.

Last edited:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Great phone and overall device. I am canceling my pixel xl order.
Am I the only but..those pixel commercials are terrible. And I'm not being negative about the phone. The commercial doesnt do much to pique interest

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm only on day 2 of mine but just today I find it growing on me. There's things I'm slowly getting used to, things I really like over all my Samsung devices, and things I'm still up in the air about. Time will tell over the next 12 days.

Still don't know if I'm going to keep it, but I feel better about it today than I did last night

Same here. This phone rocks!

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Nexus 6P earlier this year to try the much hyped "pure android" experience. I found it to be boring and had to root and install a custom ROM. When it became clear that I was going to have to give up my Note 7, I knew I couldn't go back to a Google phone. The V20 is an awesome device!

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Until reading this thread I was feeling a bit guilty liking the V20 over the Pixel and thought maybe I'd been in the LG system for too long. I feel better now, love this phone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OSCAR DE BUG