Thinking of returning the tab pro 8.4 for tab s 8.4

Lau Chun

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys,

Been wanting to get an android tablet for a while and decided to get the tab pro 8.4 from Best Buy considering it was a good deal at 249.99. But then after a day of use I felt that the battery stamina was not performing up to my expectations. As of now , after 1d 2h of use, the battery is down down to 16% with a screen time of 5h 4m at 20% brightness. Not that bad of a screen time, but I did turn the WiFi off when went to sleep. I mainly just browse the Internet, a bit of YouTube and flip board. Zero gaming. However the 'Android System' seem to be taking quite a chunk of the battery at 14%. Not quite sure why.

Now my question is, would I be getting a better battery life with the tab s? My main usage would just be reading, browsing, a bit of youtube.

Thank you guys.

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys,

Been wanting to get an android tablet for a while and decided to get the tab pro 8.4 from Best Buy considering it was a good deal at 249.99. But then after a day of use I felt that the battery stamina was not performing up to my expectations. As of now , after 1d 2h of use, the battery is down down to 16% with a screen time of 5h 4m at 20% brightness. Not that bad of a screen time, but I did turn the WiFi off when went to sleep. I mainly just browse the Internet, a bit of YouTube and flip board. Zero gaming. However the 'Android System' seem to be taking quite a chunk of the battery at 14%. Not quite sure why.

Now my question is, would I be getting a better battery life with the tab s? My main usage would just be reading, browsing, a bit of youtube.

Thank you guys.

Yes you would! The screen would be better and the for factor is lighter and more sleek. It sounds like your battery is getting hogged by SYNC, turn that off and see how long you can go. It tends to sync and refresh you Google account n all 20 things in there u have no idea it is backing up. Tab S also has grey scale power saving or Ultra power saving mode which u can read about.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
By the way. Get one of the Samsung cases that use the built in buttons on the S. Small and sleek while grippy!

Sent from my beautiful Iphone 6 Plus using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnsd84