This is Insane - 512gb microSD card

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: This is Insane

It would be very interesting to know the actual cost to make this or any other sd card.

There is a huuuuuuuuuge profit on this i believe well if there is anyone bar the elite that can afford this...

Craaazy just craazy.

Posted via the Android Central App

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

They said you can get a 64GB card for around $15. Where? I just bought one on sale from Amazon for like $24

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

That's about what a good 64GB card still costs. You can get oats that have been through the horse for a lot less than fresh oats, but I wouldn't trust my data to a cheap card. Samsung and SanDisk make the chips, everyone else (except maybe Microdia) buys the chips from them and makes the cards. (There's more than just storage in an SD card - it's a little computer.) I trust that the manufacturers use the best chips for their own cards (doing anything else would be stupid).

But remember, we used to pay $80 for a 256MB card. Prices come down as sizes go up. Try even finding a new SanDisk 4GB card these days - they're not worth enough to sell. In a few years Amazon will have 512GB cards on sale for $25, and we'll be reading an article about a $1,000 2TB card.

(I'm a software junkie, and even I have a problem filling up a 64GB card. 512GB? The article is right. If you want to shoot raw high-definition pictures for 8 hours without having to change the card, that might be the right card for you. [Just getting that one great shot because you didn't have to swap cards would more than pay for it.] But in my phone? Oh, right, I want to install every app on the Play Store, so I can mirror the Play Store on my phone. Come on, that's at least a few hundred feature length movies. Enough for a round-the-world trip without watching the same movie twice. I can carry a few 128GB cards in my pocket for a lot less money.)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well at least we know the girls still have a roof over their head...or at least until your next project!!:D

Haha well truth be told I'm a single pappi (is that ol school American? Lol) dada and live in a Council house......

Perhaps that's why i got declined for a remortgage as i don't have a mortgage doh i can be silly at times 😜😜😜😜😜😜

But no this Card is waaaaay off limits and tbh my 64gb is plenty and will no doubt up to 128gb when they now drop that bit further 😀

Dont think ill need to go beyond 128gb.

Posted via the Android Central App

rsl#AC

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
That's not so bad. I'm (unfortunately) old enough to remember when you spent near a grand for a 32k RAM:eek: board. No that's not a typo -- 32k and you could only use 2 of them:eek: (8 bit processors) Now folks are picking on the G4 for "only" having 6 cores.
Roger

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao