This phone kicks ass

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I just came to at&t monday the 16 day of July from 11yrs with Sprint. Oh so happy i left. I was looking at the ssg3 and the ATRIX hd...the ssg3 just didn't feel right plus the screen seemed dull to the screen of the ATRIX hd...this screen is sharper and crisper then anyother Android phone ive had..ive had every piece of crap Sprint phone including the 2 new ones..evo lte and ssg3..i know ill be paying more a month but its worth it hving good service and a bad ass phone.. plus i got the phone for free and a car dock desk dock for free and a $375 dollar credit from at&t buying back all my y Sprint phones... This phone rocks cant put it down...thanks at&t

Sent from my MB886 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Great to hear.. Just got back from the ATT store here and really think this phone is the best thing going.. Did a side by side with the GS3 and there's NO comparison where the screen is concerned. As a first Android phone I think this is a great deal, especially since I can get one for $50 at Amazon, no tax or shipping. Best Buy also has it for $50 but they hit me with $40 in CA sales tax, so I'm going to get a white one and spend the savings on a case and car charger. I guess Moto did a big seminar for ATT employees and gave them away, and the rep at the store LOVES hers.. One review I saw said the camera was slow, but the unit I played with it seemed just fine.. how's yours? Are you going to add a launcher like Apex or Nova? And I wonder when Moto will push the Jelly Bean update.. I also have no idea how to get my iTunes imported into this phone.. Can you help?

MrGutts

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Great to hear.. Just got back from the ATT store here and really think this phone is the best thing going.. Did a side by side with the GS3 and there's NO comparison where the screen is concerned. As a first Android phone I think this is a great deal, especially since I can get one for $50 at Amazon, no tax or shipping. Best Buy also has it for $50 but they hit me with $40 in CA sales tax, so I'm going to get a white one and spend the savings on a case and car charger. I guess Moto did a big seminar for ATT employees and gave them away, and the rep at the store LOVES hers.. One review I saw said the camera was slow, but the unit I played with it seemed just fine.. how's yours? Are you going to add a launcher like Apex or Nova? And I wonder when Moto will push the Jelly Bean update.. I also have no idea how to get my iTunes imported into this phone.. Can you help?

When I moved from iTunes, I just used the Amazon music cloud. You can use there app to stream or download your play lists along with the music to your phone locally and jam on.

Oh when I got my phone this week, I went into the AT&T store and got the Atrix HD Window mount free and they gave me on top of that 40$ credit to spend on more accessories.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Mr gutts.. What I was after was importing my iTunes music directly to the Atrix HD rather than storing it in the cloud. As you know, having to access the cloud for music means running up the data usage, which I'd prefer not to do. With Samsung devices you can import iTunes to their Kies program and then transfer it to the device. Double Twist can do this also I believe.

Gogators.. Will look into Nova launcher though many seem to like Go and Apex too.. Regardless this will be fun and at $50 for the phone from Amazon is a no brainer!

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Mr gutts.. What I was after was importing my iTunes music directly to the Atrix HD rather than storing it in the cloud. As you know, having to access the cloud for music means running up the data usage, which I'd prefer not to do. With Samsung devices you can import iTunes to their Kies program and then transfer it to the device. Double Twist can do this also I believe.

Gogators.. Will look into Nova launcher though many seem to like Go and Apex too.. Regardless this will be fun and at $50 for the phone from Amazon is a no brainer!

You can use a app like isyncr or doubletwist to do that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jfo7404

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I was surprised to find that Google Play Music syncs well with iTunes. Once uploaded to play, you can select music to download to your phone. I believe it even be set to automatically sync new music added to iTunes. Only thing I have not tried it moving playlists as I don't have any set up in iTunes.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

You're funny, I remember your avatar from asking tons of questions on he skyrocket forums when I was interested in it months ago. Did you get the atrix hd? Or the gs3? Or galaxy nexus? Or still none?

Google play music is free and uploads your music folders or straight from iTunes from your pc.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I just came to at&t monday the 16 day of July from 11yrs with Sprint. Oh so happy i left. I was looking at the ssg3 and the ATRIX hd...the ssg3 just didn't feel right plus the screen seemed dull to the screen of the ATRIX hd...this screen is sharper and crisper then anyother Android phone ive had..ive had every piece of crap Sprint phone including the 2 new ones..evo lte and ssg3..i know ill be paying more a month but its worth it hving good service and a bad ass phone.. plus i got the phone for free and a car dock desk dock for free and a $375 dollar credit from at&t buying back all my y Sprint phones... This phone rocks cant put it down...thanks at&t

Sick deal man. You didn't like the stock UI? How's the fluidity of the phone?

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I think blur has come alooooong way...the stock ui is perfect i just like having invisible icons... there is NO lag goin from screen to screen...the camara is still the same as other moto phones but whats better is the time between takin pics is almost none... i love now ya can take screen shots without root...and now that i hv to monitor my data sense i left sprint i like the data monitor.. just wish there was a widget....but im very happy with this phone... very fast phone... i don't sit here and look at the up and down data speeds...never hv even when iv had rooted phones.. ppl will not go wrong with this phone at all

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
erwaso.. The smart consumer checks out all options, and right now the Atrix HD looks like the best option at any price. Sure I'd prefer it has a larger removable battery, but after playing with it side by side with the GS3, it seems just as fast, the screen is FAR superior and the build quality also seems to be the best of the two.

I looked at the XDA forum to see if there's been any development or issues, and there are no forums for the MAHD at all. Curious.

Am about to order a white one from Amazon, but would love to know if there are any step by step guides for setting up and using the phone. I know there are plenty of general ones on this forum, but since the Motoblur UI is different than most, it would be good to know all the tips and tricks for a noob.

jfo.. the Google Music Manager doesn't seem to like my WinXP laptop where I have iTunes installed and crashes programs. Not sure how I'd sync up iTunes to Google Music without it :)

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Was just at Amazon about to order and then realized the phone does not have NFC technology.. Seems odd since I doubt it would add much to the cost of the phone. Since I will be stuck with this phone until my next upgrade am wondering if not having NFC is a big deal for the next two years.. Your thoughts?

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Finally got some hands on time with this phone. Love the UI and it's fast as others have said. 3 things kept me from trading my GS 3.

1. The screen is noticeably smaller than the GS 3. It starts off with smaller dimensions and then the always on screen buttons cut into usable display size. It felt cramped.

2. It felt quite cheap in hand and lacked the premium feel of the galaxy and HOX. Even though the galaxy is plastic it feels more sexy and solid.

3. As many have pointed out the camera simply fails to measure up to the HOX or galaxy. I took identical pictures with all 3 phones in the store and the atrix lacked detail and sharpness. All 3 were on auto.

It's a great value with the dock but its worth the extra 100 to step up.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I would agree with gogators.. to me the GS3 feels very cheaply manufactured. My first cell phone ever was a Moto and I never had problems with it and it lasted for over 6 years without incident. Furthermore Motorola is known for their strong radios and call quality. When we ran the speed test at the ATT store with the MAHD vs. the GS3, the Moto clocked over 14 mbps down (HSPA+), while the GS3 clocked only 8-9 mbps.

Also I don't think there's ANY comparison in the screen between the two. The MAHD resolution and colors are far more accurate than the GS3 to my eye. In fact I was looking at it compared to the iP4S and it looks superior which everyone seems to feel is the benchmark.

NFC appears to be more of a bell and whistle right now than a core feature necessary for a solid smart phone. And I also agree that the Moto UI is FAR less of a skin and much closer to vanilla Android than TW. But each to their own. I'm ordering the MAHD right now since I think it's superior in all ways, not to mention I'll save nearly $200 using Amazon. Cheers!

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
You must not read many reviews. Many praise the build quality of the GS 3, albeit it's made of plastic.

Ive read many reviews and i really don't take in count ppl like cnet phonedog or Android sites... i think its better to listen to the average person and most say it has that cheap plastic samsung feel... and i held both and Samsung has that cheap plastic feel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload05