This phone kicks ass

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
robertelkins... glad you find my indecision humorous. It's obvious you've been an Android user and have a HOX. For those of us that have been with Apple for years, we just don't jump at the first thing that looks cool. Bottom line: Android devices have far more problems than Apple's, but they also offer lots of advantages such as Jelly Bean. I really like the AHD's screen, UI and build but I also don't want a phone that may never get root or a JB update. There's something about the GS3 that just doesn't sit well and I'd never buy a HOX.

Laugh if you will, but I have an opportunity to get a great deal direct from AT&T so I'm biding my time and will make the best choice. Cheers!

krlseidl

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: This phone kicks ass but it ain't no Photon

Picked up my Atrix HD yesterday and my initial impressions are that I am disappointed, or maybe I was spoiled by the Photon.

The screen while beautiful indoors, washes out in direct sunlight. The Photon was amazing in this regard. Volume on the Atrix is not a good as the Photon both in regular and speakerphone mode.

The Car Dock app on the Photon was 10 times better than the Atrix. If you have polarized sunglasses on you cannot even read the screen on the Atrix.

Does AT&T have a photon phone a like?

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
robertelkins... glad you find my indecision humorous. It's obvious you've been an Android user and have a HOX. For those of us that have been with Apple for years, we just don't jump at the first thing that looks cool. Bottom line: Android devices have far more problems than Apple's, but they also offer lots of advantages such as Jelly Bean. I really like the AHD's screen, UI and build but I also don't want a phone that may never get root or a JB update. There's something about the GS3 that just doesn't sit well and I'd never buy a HOX.

Laugh if you will, but I have an opportunity to get a great deal direct from AT&T so I'm biding my time and will make the best choice. Cheers!

I wasn't laughing to be a jackass. Don't get all butthurt

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

If you keep that up you'll never buy a phone. Or end up with an iPhone5...

And apple users DID jump on the coolest thing when they buy an iPhone. Just saying.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
erwaso.. I get what you're saying completely. And when I got my iP3G the choices were few and Android really didn't exist for the most part, or was lame at best 4 years ago. The iP5 screen will just be too small and the features on JB are awesome.

I see you have a OneX and am wondering what your experience has been. And if you've had to exchange it due to hardware issues. I WILL pull the trigger and soon. I just don't want to have to exchange a phone several times to find the one that suits me best.. Too much work.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
One x is perfect for me. No hardware issues that I know of. Don't forget, people come online to complain for the most part. Good experiences aren't voiced as much.

People complain about not enough space and multitasking but doesn't bother me. That's just me tho. Multitasking can be fixed with root and I use dropbox to store pix since I don't stare at them everyday. Fits the music I actually listen to.

Wasnt hard to decide when I played with sgs3, Sony ion and atrix hd. I'm not exchanging my hox.

Last edited:

krlseidl

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
OK now that I have had my Atrix for a couple of weeks I am going to take back the bad remarks I made. Once I changed the screen brightness setting to auto the display is much more visible outside. The phone is actually quite a bit faster than my old Photon. And best of all when I am up north at my cottage it actually works and I can receive and make calls without having to run out to the middle of the road.

jl.carroll

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you changed your mind krlseidl. I disagreed with your comments about direct sunlight. When it is on my vehicle dock the smart actions turn brightness to full and I have no problems seeing the screen even with my sunglasses on.

I've definitely made my wife jealous and she is ready to dump her iPhone4 for an Android device.

I'm still in love with SmartActions. Every phone should have this feature. I may buy a Note2 if the specs are better than the GS3. I hope that there is something similar to SmartActions out there that can be used on other phones.